The 2018 Recommend GA! Some Films Watchathon

GA!

I've done this a couple of times in the past. I used to avidly watch films (managed 400 in a year once) but my interest died down because I've spent well over 100 days-worth of spare time attending wrestling shows since summer 2016, so barely enough time for anything else. This summer I'm taking a break from those greasy men in trunks - the perfect opportunity to catch up and unearth some gems from the world of cinema.

But I need you (yes, YOU) to help me by recommending some films. Any year, any genre, any language, mainstream or obscure as fuck. Thank you in advance. 😗

Heathers >_>

Serious suggestion (though, Heathers was a serious one too): Have you seen Wristcutters: A Love Story?

• Like 1

Six String Samurai. Its one of those films that could have been brilliant with a bit more money or could do with a remake. Still like it though, its fun. Its like a battle royale of rock stars set in a Fallout universe with martial arts and in a surreal way.

On 19/06/2015 at 14:09, livid said:

I'll never pass up an opportunity to suggest some things, despite the fact that you very well could be familiar with them already.

25th Hour (2002)

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007) (I think I've suggested this every single time one of these has popped up but people really need to see it. Philip Seymour Hoffman is outstanding.)

Snow Angels (2007)

Hot Rod (2007) (Completely different than most of the others on this list but I just re-watched it last night so it's fresh)

Hanna (2011)

Stretch (2014)

The Guest (2014)

And I know for a fact you've seen this one but in case anybody else hasn't and stumbles on this topic for their own suggestions: Blue Ruin (2014).

<_<

Though going back to this has reminded me that I need to watch more movies that aren't major releases. 

Edited by livid

These are good so far. Keep them coming...

The list (anything omitted I've seen):

Spoiler
  • Wristcutters: A Love Story
  • Six String Samurai
  • Cinema Paradiso
  • The Happiness of the Katakuris
  • 25th Hour (2002)
  • Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007)  - Been meaning to see this for 12 years now. I owned the DVD and everything at one time. 😕
  • Snow Angels (2007)
  • Hot Rod (2007)
  • Hanna (2011)
  • Stretch (2014)

19 minutes ago, UruGA!y said:

These are good so far. Keep them coming...

The list (anything omitted I've seen):

Reveal hidden contents

There are two that I am racking my pea sized brain to remember the names of, both sci-fi and both low budget but really quite good. I vow to remember the names.

EDIT:

One of them is this: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4881364/?ref_=adv_li_tt

I remember really liking it.

The Singing Detective (2003) - Loosely based on the BBC drama from the 80's. One of my favorite Robert Downey Jr movies.

The Raven (2012) - John Cusack as Edgar Allan Poe. Surprisingly good.

The Raven (1963) - Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre, and Vincent Price. Need I say more? ... Okay, Jack Nicholson is also in it.

The Baron of Arizona (1950) - If you only know Vincent Price from horror films, you really need to see this. And it is based on a true story.