The 2018 Recommend GA! Some Films Watchathon

GA!

On 06/07/2018 at 17:45, PolaMDK said:

Brilliant film about people walking down corridors. And something else happens.

I actually believe spoiling what the movie is about makes it better. I mean, I won't unless explicitly asked to by GA, but when you know what occurs, it makes the entire movie that much more harrowing. 

I've finally started watching these films! Only the two for now, and I'm busy this week on CineMortuary duties. Some quick thoughts though:

Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006) - Lovely little story, this. Often I find road movies too meandering (see below) and I did tune out in places, but a cool concept and build-up to a sweet - as in, awwwwww - ending meant this hit the spot. The atmosphere and indie-nature and soundtrack reminded me why I used to love films so much.

Six String Samurai (1998) - Bit meandering. 😛 Again it's a cool concept but Turbo Kid sprang to mind here: when all you're doing is cool dialogue and cool fighting scenes, I'm going to get exhausted quickly. Think Power Rangers but starring Buddy Holly.

• Like 1

Wristcutters has some great music. Gogol Bordello, if I recall right. 

And it's got Tom Waits in it! Can't go wrong there.

20 hours ago, GA! said:

Six String Samurai (1998) - Bit meandering. 😛 Again it's a cool concept but Turbo Kid sprang to mind here: when all you're doing is cool dialogue and cool fighting scenes, I'm going to get exhausted quickly. Think Power Rangers but starring Buddy Holly.

Its one of those films that if it had a slightly better everything it would be an absolute cult classic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...