WWF King Of The Ring 1993 tournament bracket

Hulkster2001

Okay, I think I have it.

Kotor.png

Okay, so you have the original four tournament matches on the left. Then you have match number five, Diesel and Shawn Michaels vs Taker and Paul Bearer.

As per Hulkster, Bret gets a bye to the final.

And as per Owen's suggestion, Bam Bam also gets a bye to the final.

So since this is around the time of Fake Taker, once Taker defeats Diesel, he has to fight Fake Taker.

Then once Taker gets to the final, it's him and a mystery partner against Bret and Bam Bam, with the winner being the King Of The Ring 1993.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Faker Taker wasn't around in 1993. HBK and Bearer are managers not tag team partners.

On 11/07/2018 at 08:36, Hulkster2001 said:

Bret/Razor

Taker/Diesel

Bam Bam/ Kamala

Duggan/Owen

Backlund/Luger

Bret over Razor, Taker v. Diesel ends in double countout, Bam Bam over Kamala, Owen over Duggan, and Luger over Backlund.

Bret over Bam Bam and Luger over Owen

Then in the finals it's Bret and Luger.

15 minutes ago, Hulkster2001 said:

Faker Taker wasn't around in 1993. HBK and Bearer are managers not tag team partners.

It's a tournament... why would you start off with five first round matches? That makes no sense. It needs to be an even number.

I suggest taking the first round matches and multiplying them by five. Then add Fake Undertaker vs Fake Kane for storyline continuity. Then there'll be a real King of the Ring tournament. 

1 hour ago, Hulkster2001 said:

fake kane? Kane's not in the WWF in 93! Neither was Faker taker! He was in 94.

If you're going to want someone to actually make this graphic, you're going to have to make it clearer, because even when you tried to explain it in detail it made little sense. Draw up a rough outline of what you want in Paint or something and you'll be more likely to get what you need.

3 hours ago, Hulkster2001 said:

Look at your bracket you laid out here as if wrestling weren't set up. What would happen if Taker or Diesel actually won their match? Who would they face in the next round? They could face Bret or Bam Bam but that leaves Lex with no opponent. Basic tournament structures only work with 8, 16 or 32 participants.

• Like 1

Fake Kane was my favourite wrestler. Never heard of this 'Kane' fella.

6 hours ago, Hulkster2001 said:

Then I guess it could be a triple threat or Luger gets a BYE. But I still want Bret to have the BYE

But how can Bret get a bye if everything you've laid out says that Bret gets through the tournament by competing in each round

Ok, here's the new deal

Bret over Razor

Taker over Diesel

Bam Bam over Kamala

Owen over Duggan

Luger over Backlund

quaterfinals

Bret over Taker

Bam Bam over Owen

Luger gets a BYE

semifinals

Bret over Bam Bam

Luger still BYE

finals

Bret over Luger.

This is the new plan.

So basically Lex gets to skip two rounds straight from opening round to finals because he won one match while Bret has to fight through them all? I sure hope your authority figure and Lex are heels that are in cahoots cause that looks like a set-up even a McMahon would find too lopsided to be fun.

Look, just reduce it to 8 men. Take Taker and Diesel out. If they're feuding and the Crux of it is that they screwed each other out of KOTR do it this way. Have 8 qualifying matches where each participant you want in KotR wins their way in. Taker vs Diesel is one of those and it ends on a a double countout or whatever. As a result neither qualify for KotR and the 8th spot is determined by a raffle. Let's just say Backlund wins the raffle. That gets you to a proper working set up of opening round matches

Bret vs Razor

Bam Bam vs Kamala

Owen vs Duggan

Luger vs Backlund

Bret beats Razor, Bam Bam beats Kamala, Owen beats Duggan, Lex beats Backlund. This leads to semi-final of....

Bret vs Bam Bam

Owen vs Luger

Bret beats Bam Bam  and Lex beats Owen. This leads to a final of...

Bret vs Lex

8 hours ago, Hulkster2001 said:

Ok, here's the new deal

Bret over Razor

Taker over Diesel

Bam Bam over Kamala

Owen over Duggan

Luger over Backlund

quaterfinals

Bret over Taker

Bam Bam over Owen

Luger gets a BYE