The 1000 Game Challenge

TEOL

A few weeks back I hit over a thousand games in my Steam library and was forced to either promise myself not to buy any more or promise myself to actually play the ones I've already bought (most of which I have not). So with that in mind, I've set myself what I call the 1000 Game Challenge:

1) Play 1000 games.
2) Stream it on Twitch and Youtube to increase the judgment I will feel if I fail.
3) If I can't complete a game, it doesn't count towards the total.

So I've reactivated my long dormant Twitch channel and I thought I'd track my progress in here as well with you, my dear EWB friends and also @9 to 5. So whether you want to help me choose what game to play next or just make fun of me for being bad at games, come join me, won't you?

I've linked to the list of available games up there and I've already got a pretty good idea of what I want to play first, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

I'll put the over/under at 87 games.

That aside, what do you class as "completing" a game like Football Manager?

That's something I'll have to come up with as I go along, but for something like FM, I reckon finishing a season or something probably. I've already told myself I'm not going to play every game in a series if they're all basically the same game, though.

26 minutes ago, People's Republic of TEOLi said:

A few weeks back I hit over a thousand games in my Steam library and was forced to either promise myself not to buy any more or promise myself to actually play the ones I've already bought (most of which I have not). So with that in mind, I've set myself what I call the 1000 Game Challenge:

1) Play 1000 games.
2) Stream it on Twitch and Youtube to increase the judgment I will feel if I fail.
3) If I can't complete a game, it doesn't count towards the total.

So I've reactivated my long dormant Twitch channel and I thought I'd track my progress in here as well with you, my dear EWB friends and also @9 to 5. So whether you want to help me choose what game to play next or just make fun of me for being bad at games, come join me, won't you?

I've linked to the list of available games up there and I've already got a pretty good idea of what I want to play first, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

You're going to complete 1000 games? You're going to die. 

But I look forward to the youtube highlights!

I have a suggestion for the FM series:

- Start with 09 and try to win the 2010 World Cup with England.

- If you fail, move onto 11 and try to win Euro 2012.

- If you fail again, move onto 12 and take another shot at it.

- Repeat with each version until you finally manage to win an international competition or accept failure if you get through all of them and still haven't won.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ruki said:

You're going to complete 1000 games? You're going to die. 

But I look forward to the youtube highlights!

Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel then! I'm still working out exactly how I'm going to put stuff on there.

5 minutes ago, Naitch said:

I have a suggestion for the FM series:

- Start with 09 and try to win the 2010 World Cup with England.

- If you fail, move onto 11 and try to win Euro 2012.

- If you fail again, move onto 12 and take another shot at it.

- Repeat with each version until you finally manage to win an international competition or accept failure if you get through all of them and still haven't won.

This shit is going to take me forever as it is without you making it more needlessly complicated.

(Might do this anyway but Football Manager will hopefully be some way down the list).

• Like 1

Football Manager Suggestion; ignoring the fact you have 10 different versions, just do 4 challenges.

- Win the World Cup with England
- British Steel
- San Marino Challenge
- The Pentagon

You'll take so long doing them that you'll never play another game but it'll give us someone other than Gazz to ridicule.

Elite Dangerous, you should leave the bubble and travel to the centre of the universe at Sagittarius A*. It's about 20,000 light years. It only took me a week.

Real time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iAmRockyFeller said:

I'd suggest starting with games that have an "end game" so that you at least feel some accomplishment early on. With that I recommend the Dar Souls Trilogy for a warm up.

I agree with this bit. Smash through some easy ones till you get into double digits at least.

1 hour ago, People's Republic of TEOLi said:

Crazy as it may sound, I sometimes get the impression that some of you don't have my best interests at heart.

You're acting like I wouldn't be at the centre of the universe, ready to blow up your ship, collect your escape pod and fire it into a black hole?

2 hours ago, Ollie said:

Is there a discord I can keep up to date with?

I know you're trolling but I actually might set one up at some point.

1 hour ago, Naitch said:

I agree with this bit. Smash through some easy ones till you get into double digits at least.

I'm actually thinking of starting with one longish one to help me get into things, then a bunch of short ones to get the numbers up.

Well I gave in and let Overlady choose the first game, so it's going to be NieR: Automata. I have no idea why she picked that and I will probably be terrible at it, but there you go. Hoping to start it later this evening.

41 minutes ago, People's Republic of TEOLi said:

Well I gave in and let Overlady choose the first game, so it's going to be NieR: Automata. I have no idea why she picked that and I will probably be terrible at it, but there you go. Hoping to start it later this evening.

Great game! Although, I would say one playthrough should count as completion. 

What are you doing in terms of difficulty for games that offer it? I've been deciding to play things on easy these days so I actually stand a chance at finishing some stuff - just reminded to ask that because I'm doing Nier right now and easy feels a bit cheap, but it's the only way I'm going to actually finish that game - heck, I've been at it for a while and I've only just done the first essential ending.

3 hours ago, Apsham said:

What are you doing in terms of difficulty for games that offer it? I've been deciding to play things on easy these days so I actually stand a chance at finishing some stuff - just reminded to ask that because I'm doing Nier right now and easy feels a bit cheap, but it's the only way I'm going to actually finish that game - heck, I've been at it for a while and I've only just done the first essential ending.

Well I was playing on Normal and I don't think I did too terribly.

But hey, judge for yourself!