While funny, that was also utterley terrifying.

There is an accompanying website for the show which lists a whole heap of crackpot stuff that I have already seen actual right wing people link to in arguments as if it was all true.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2018 at 01:08, tristy said:

This was fucking hilarious.

It's too bad that this show will exist inside of a bubble, though.

7 hours ago, LUKIEv said:

The idiot racist Republican who was screaming the N-word on the show just resigned.

59 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

I've seen people claim he was a) an actor or b) the whole thing was a stunt. People be crazy.  

That illuminatti, infiltrating state congress to discredit the alt-right six years before they take power!

13 minutes ago, tristy said:

Excuse me if I don’t celebrate immediately, since he already lost the Republican primary in May and was on his way out of office regardless.

🤓

14 minutes ago, tristy said:

Excuse me if I don’t celebrate immediately, since he already lost the Republican primary in May and was on his way out of office regardless.

Jesus. A Republican has finally being held accountable for being a racist piece of shit whether he was on his way out or not.

I mean, it's worth mentioning that because it means that the Georgia Republicans really have no stake whatsoever in defending him. Better to get rid of him now and focus on their presumably less-odious candidate who won the primary.

That being said, it does show that there's a specific context in which the show can have an effect regardless of the makeup of the audience it's playing to. It fucking rules that that dude basically has completely humiliated himself on the way out the door and will probably find it hard to ever hold significant public office again. In general, it's an interesting show in that he's basically just giving people rope to hang themselves with and I'm kind of fascinated to see who does and who doesn't take the bait (like that one Republican couple in the first episode who basically gritted their teeth through the NPR host character's nonsense about being cucked by a dolphin).

1 hour ago, LUKIEv said:

Jesus. A Republican has finally being held accountable for being a racist piece of shit whether he was on his way out or not.

He was held accountable... by leaving office a few months earlier than planned? Yeah, what accountability. 😂

45 minutes ago, tristy said:

We'll see how long his "exile" from politics in Georgia lasts. I'm betting on "not long", because Georgia is a horrible place and I know he still has supporters.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that respect him more because he was 'honest'.

Honestly a vile piece of shit.

• 3 weeks later...