That one song you like from an artist you dislike

GA!

A spin on @Liam's thread. Is there a band you dislike/disliked (when they were relevant), but they have/had one undeniable banger of a song?

Two spring to mind for me (both from my days of watching too much MTV2):

This was one of Razorlight's first singles, and still a contender for the best song from that whole indie-cum-landfill MTV2 era. I was excited to hear more. Johnny Borrell believed his hype though and put out some utter cheap shite - my favourite being an attempt to crack the American market called, uh, 'America'.

Utter filth. We all know it goes wrong for them (critically) after 'Sex on Fire' and 'Use Somebody', but there's nothing in their earlier days compared to this. The likes of 'Molly's Chambers' and 'The Bucket' are plodding by comparison. Shame they never went full on garage band like this again.. as far as I'm aware.

The singer has the most punchable face I've ever seen and only adds to that with a douchey voice AND self-important lyrics/music videos highlighting how cool he is. I actually saw them supporting someone before they got big and thought they were shit then too. All of the rest of their songs piss me off, which is awkward considering several of my friends really like them, but I can't deny that I quite like this particular song.

31 minutes ago, GA! said:

It was very important at the time to write songs predicting the woes of social media and--- they released the song THIS YEAR?! Fucking hell.

They were too busy writing songs about how much women love being around them and rapey dancing cowboys.

• Like 1

Oof... Always hated The Strokes as my cocaine-loving next door neighbour in the first year at uni played them non-stop. And I loathed that rich kid cool New York scene in the early 2000s anyway.

Saying that I think 12:51 is great.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2018 at 19:52, Cloud Was A Racecar Driver said:

Similarly, Ted Nugent:

Banger of a song, terrible ass human being.

True story: When I DJ'd online, I hated playing that particular song. Not because Ted is a horrible piece of garbage, but because for some reason, that song would cause a lot of people to leave well before the halfway point. And it wasn't a Ted hatred issue; I could play Cat Scratch Fever, Wango Tango, or other songs by him with no problems.