EWB-FPL Draft League II - 18/19 Season

Adam

EWB FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE 2018/19: THE MONEY LEAGUE II

After the success of last year's inaugural edition, it's time to play some Fantasy Football on EWB again. Of course, this is the type of football with the round shaped bag of wind kicked around by thin men in thinner shirts rather than the oval shaped one thrown over a load of burly men running into each other. Soccer to some of us, and based on the English Premier League.

Here is the thread from last year for those unfamiliar with how it all works: 2017/18 Draft League

RULES

Sign up to play in the league in this thread. Once you have done so, I will PM you the code to join the private league that I have created in the Fantasy Draft section of the Fantasy Premier League website. I will leave sign-ups open until next Friday, the 27th of July. Last year we had 8 players, I'm looking for ideally either 8 or 10 again this year as I think this number works best in terms of squads not being spread too thin but if there's more interest I'll certainly consider more. The maximum for a league on the website is 16 but they recommend 8. I think we could do it with 10 or 12 but we'll see how we go. To decide whether or not you'd like to participate, here are our ground rules:

a. This is a Money League. All participants put an agreed amount into a PayPal account I have set up especially for this purpose, and at the end of the season the winner gets that money as a prize to do whatever they please with. If we have enough sign-ups I may split the prize money down to 3rd place, and I might throw in some additional prizes anyway as I wanted to do this last year but never got round to it. This is all done in good faith, all 8 participants last year paid £10 into the pot and I ended up winning the league, and chose to use half of those winnings to pay for deserving members to become Donators here on EWB. I put the other half towards my new TV! Please only sign up if you are willing to pay to participate, it will probably be £10 again but this isn't set in stone yet.

b. The league will be run under a 'Head-2-Head' basis, meaning that instead of the classic Fantasy scoring style of accruing the most points between your squad each week through the season, we all face each other in determined fixtures with three points for a win, one for a draw and zero for a loss. This did help to keep us paying attention last season I found and makes playing more different than the typical EWB league which I believe Troy is running this year.

c. Once sign-ups are complete, we will all pick a date and time to hold the EWB-FPL Draft. We'll all need to be online at the time of it, with picks coming every 2 minutes. Familiarise yourself with the rules in the link below, but I will go through all of this again when sign-ups are full. Last year this was good fun once we got over the nightmare of the original draft crashing midway through and having to start the whole thing again!

d. Draft rules are simple enough: we pick on a 'snake' order (1 through 10, then 10 through 1 etc.) until each team has 15 players.

e. Again these are explained better in the FAQ link below, but following the Draft we'll have a few days to do Waivers and Free Agency if you aren't happy with your squad. These are all processed 24 hours before each Gameweek deadline. The only change this year is it seems you can do Player to Player Trades throughout the season if you wish to directly swap a player with another team. This is a nice addition I feel.

FAQ and Rules breakdown on the official site: https://draft.premierleague.com/help

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO DO

1. Sign Ups - DEADLINE Friday 27th July, 10pm BST

2. Draft Date + Time - Sunday August 5th, 7pm BST

3. The Draft

4. Waivers - deadline Thursday 9th August, 7pm BST

5. Gameweek #1 - deadline Friday 10th August, 10pm BST

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIGN-UP SHEET

1. @Adam es Tranquilo

2. @hugobomb

3. @Gazzlory Hunter

4. @MexicoJack

5. @9 to 5

6. @Diet DMarrio

7. @Moses Julep

8. @Liam Mk2

9. @MDK

10. @TCO

1 hour ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Assuming @MDK's entry was genuine despite the great Adam Rooney joke, we just need one more sign-up to make a nice round figure of 10, at which point I'll send the code out and try to arrange the Draft between us all.

@Baddar, @Jimmy, @Loz none of you fancy giving it another go this year?

Yes

• Like 1

On 26/07/2018 at 16:18, Baddar said:

Just like last season, I doubt I'd pay much attention to my squad after the season starts.

But if you're still after a 10th player after the deadline, count me in.

Taking you up on this if that's still alright.

I've sent everyone a PM with the league code and to try and organise the Draft. It takes a couple of hours usually but shouldn't be any more than that, and if everyone is available and prompt with their selections it'll probably be even quicker. The season starts at the end of next week so we have about 8-9 days to get the Draft completed.

19 minutes ago, TCO said:

Ah no, I was late to the game and wouldn't want anyone to miss out! Stick to the current lineup :)

Yeah, I only selected Baddar as no other 10th entrant had put themselves forward by the deadline. If you're up for it I'm happy to add you.