EWB-FPL Draft League II - 18/19 Season

Adam

I can't do table updates as I've not got a laptop, but our two remaining 100% records face off this weekend with @TCO taking on @Liam Mk2.

I've made three transfers to try and halt my alarmingly bad start to the season. Three defeats from three! Out go Bailly and Martial, in come Mawson (on the bench this weekend mind) and Felipe Anderson, and I've brought Rui Patricio in for Jonas Lossl and put Patricio in the starting line-up. I've got to make something happen quickly or else I'll be out before the end of September the way things are going.

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I'm 100%?! :w00t:

Can we make transfers on the draft? I can't see a way.

Go to Transactions.

If you try to make transfers prior to 48 hours before the deadline, it is a Waiver Request and if no other player below you in the table also tries to get that player, you will get him. After that it's Free Agency every week where all available players can be signed immediately. That's how I've signed the three players I did today.

You can also request direct trades with other teams but I don't think anyone has done that yet, not successfully anyway.

• Like 1

I picked up Monreal for my defence On the thinking that Cardiff have offered nothing going forward so far. Watch him score an own goal 😄

Also brought back Seri into my midfield for the unimpressive Fred (having replaced Seri for Walcott last week).

My problem area is still up front. I either need Lukaku to get better service or Sturridge/Bonatini to get more minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Contrasting fortunes through the opening weeks of the season for players new and old, as @Liam Mk2 leads the way with a perfect record of 5 wins from 5, 15 points having put together a very strong looking team, led by Eden Hazard, Sadio Mane and Alexis Sanchez. @TCO sits in 2nd with 12 points, his only loss coming to Liam a couple of weeks ago with David Silva, Paul Pogba and Marko Arnautovic all starting the season well for him. And he's got underperforming #1 pick Mo Salah just waiting to light up the league too!

@Gazz, @9 to 5 and @hugobomb sit joint 3rd on 9 points, with Huw the top placer of our returning contingent of players from last season demonstrating that beginner's luck is clearly a factor in Fantasy Draft! Gazz, who named his team after the legendary Shola Ameobi (or his less legendary brothers Sammy and Tomi?) has 4 active Man City players at the moment, and 3 Chelsea boys too. Oh, and Kevin De Bruyne waiting on the injury list just for good measure as well. Watch out for Niner who has a formidable front line of Firmino and Josh King, with good points accruers in midfield too in Leroy Sane and Christian Eriksen, whilst Huw leans on Lukaku and Sterling, two big successes from last season.

On 6 points are @Moses Julep, @MDK and last year's runner-up @DavidMarrio, who will all be hoping for more in the coming weeks. Moses has a strong Spurs contingent backing up the incomparable Sergio Aguero, Myke is relying on a strong D at present and Dave, no longer able to call on Mo Salah despite him being in the team name, is having to make do with Harry Kane instead! I have to say I am missing the man who fired me to the title last year.

@MexicoJack is living up to his team name and really "Making Emile Of It" with only one win, but he started slow last year as well and eventually recovered so there's plenty of time for that to happen again yet. He needs more from Gabriel Jesus and Marcus Rashford when available.

Rock bottom and yet to win a single game is the defending champion...me! :( Zaha has been injured, #3 pick Aubameyang is yet to really hit the ground running and midfield is sorely lacking. I'm not relinquishing the crown just yet!

Not replicating the table yet as it's early doors of course, but here are some stats from the first 5 weeks:

Liam has the most total points accrued with 248, but is only 3 ahead of Gerard on that one. Gerard also has the highest single week score of 66, from Week 2. This was unlucky for Moses who lost to him despite getting 59, a total only bettered 3 times so far. Gazz got 62 on the opening day and Gerard also got 60 in a tonking over Sam this past week. That low score was "bettered" only once so far, the previous week by David who got only 17 points in a loss to Myke.

Liam obviously also has the biggest win streak going, with 5. I have the worst losing run, also 5. There is yet to be a draw in the league, but there were a few last season despite the fact it is statistically difficult to manage two players achieving the exact same score and playing one another in that week. Despite being rock bottom I have accrued more overall points than Sam, who has 137 total compared to my 153. Unlucky for me then that I run this league on 3 points for a win rather than "Classic" style scoring.

Saturday morning is this week's deadline folks! Thanks for playing so far.

• 2 weeks later...