2018 College Football thread

Lineker

Maryland really should have won that game against Ohio State. I almost feel like the selection committee should treat that as a loss (the polls seem to have done something like this). They've had so many close calls against bad teams this year. Even beating Michigan they'll need Georgia, Wazzu, and Oklahoma to lose. And even then I wouldn't be stunned if an undefeated UCF somehow found a way in. Meanwhile, the nightmare scenario is still in play if Bama loses to Georgia in the SEC championship.

Also, Army is ranked for the first time since the 1st Clinton administration.

Arkansas got shut out by Missouri today, which if I understand right is the first time Arkansas has been shut out since 2013 (vs. Alabama, Roll Tide).

I'm just glad I didn't take Arkansas. They were +28.5 underdogs and I was sure they'd keep it within three scores, but decided to take Oklahoma -1.5 instead and boy am I glad I did. 

I think Chad Morris will get Arkansas playing better eventually. I just hope they give him a chance to build a team. I feel like they're the type to give him three years and if they're not Alabama 2.0 then he'll be out on his ass. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

yeah, I think people give chad morris too tough a time considering this is his first year with the team. I mean, no one expected 2-10 or such an abysmal season, but still

It's kind of tough, considering Bert had built the team to be a power running offense (basically a southern Wisconsin), and now Morris is attempting to run a Clemson spread type offense. He doesn't have anywhere near the type of players he needs to run it. He has big, strong, slow players, when he really needs the speed more than anything. 

• Like 1

Oklahoma-WVU was just wonderful last night. Sooners scored 2 defensive TDs (and forced multiple turnovers) that really was the difference since WVU was just shredding their defense otherwise. With a win over Texas, Oklahoma will be the team waiting in the wings for one of Clemson, Notre Dame, or Michigan to fall.

1 hour ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

I’m willing to bet Michigan will fall.  They seem to always find a way to blow it against Ohio State.

Yeah I bet on Ohio State. Michigan seems so much better this year and has everything going for them that it only seems right that they choke it away. 

Either way, today should be a great day for college football. :D