2018 College Football thread

Lineker

Now for a week of everyone analyzing Oklahoma and Ohio State!

For me, if OU wins next week they'll have avenged their loss so it's pretty cut and dry. But a lot of people will probably look not at what Ohio State has done this season but instead "what they're capable of" which is a ton but they haven't put it together much at all this year.

2 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Now for a week of everyone analyzing Oklahoma and Ohio State!

For me, if OU wins next week they'll have avenged their loss so it's pretty cut and dry. But a lot of people will probably look not at what Ohio State has done this season but instead "what they're capable of" which is a ton but they haven't put it together much at all this year.

No team that got blown the hell out by Purdue should go to the playoff. I think it’s Oklahoma’s to lose, unless Georgia beats Alabama in which case we’re likely looming at Clemson, ND, Georgia, and Alabama because lord knows we can’t have a playoff without Alabama. And if that happens, the committee is gonna have a lot of explaining to do why a one loss nonconference champ goes in over a one loss conference champ.

Just now, Meacon said:

No team that got blown the hell out by Purdue should go to the playoff. I think it’s Oklahoma’s to lose, unless Georgia beats Alabama in which case we’re likely looming at Clemson, ND, Georgia, and Alabama because lord knows we can’t have a playoff without Alabama. And if that happens, the committee is gonna have a lot of explaining to do why a one loss nonconference champ goes in over a one loss conference champ.

Yeah it becomes such a mess if Georgia wins. I tend to agree it should be best 4 regardless of conference champion status, but putting in Bama over 2 1-loss conference champs each with significant wins is a really tough sell to me.

Making the safe assumption that Bama win tonight - there ain’t a chance in hell they’re being dropped from 1st to 5th from losing a conference title game.

I’ll go as far as to say they could straight up bench Tua for the SEC Title game and effectively declare themselves as safe for the playoffs and the committee still wouldn’t drop them.

6 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Jimbo left Tallahassee in great shape. This is the first FSU losing season since the Ford Administration.

You and I would actually compete for their starting o-line. There’s FCS teams with offensive lines better than them, which is inexcusable at a place like FSU.

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

Clemson up but this game against South Carolina has been tight. Meanwhile, USC has been the better team against Notre Dame in the early going.

Things might be happening.

Clemson's pulled away.  Notre Dame just took the lead too.

Even if Bama loses to Georgia, they aren't dropping below 4.  If Georgia loses, it should go to Oklahoma but I can see Ohio State weaseling their way in.

I still say someone will knock off Alabama. It may be Georgia. It may be Clemson. But I absolutely believe they will not go 15-0.

Auburn hung with them in the first half, and that's with a shoddy offensive line and receivers that dropped half the passes Stidham threw. It wouldn't shock me in the least bit if Georgia beats them next week. And I hope they do. 

Kliff Kingsbury can be an OC at any team in the NFL. So he'll be landing on his feet.

Lovie being kept by Illinois is a bit weird, especially with how much they're paying him, but I like the lack of urgency in the athletic department. They're giving Lovie time to build things up, and likely have a program that may peak at 7 wins a year, but possibly one that produces a lot of NFL talent and thus can establish a lot of recruiting pipelines.