2018 College Football thread

Lineker

I like the format, but I'd like to see one big change: If you don't win your conference's championship game, you're done. No playoffs for you. Alabama losing the SEC but winning the national makes no sense whatsoever. Logic dictates that you can't really say you're the best team in the country, when you can't even win your own conference. So why should you be allowed to play for the national championship under that circumstance?

(And I'm not just saying that because my two favorite teams are the Tennessee Vounteers and whoever is playing against Alabama. I'm saying it because it makes perfect sense.)

I've argued, ad nausem, why I think that's a stupid rule. Say you have an 11-1 Alabama, who loses a close game to a 10-2 Auburn. Auburn goes to the SEC championship game, since only one loss was in the SEC (let's say it was to Tennessee, because fiction, right?). Meanwhile you have a 10-2 Washington who lost to Alabama and let's say USC. But USC lost two conference games, so Washington gets to go to the PAC-12 championship. You're telling me that an 11-2 PAC-12 Champion Washington deserves to go over an 11-1 Alabama team that they lost to earlier in the year? Bull crap. The conferences aren't even. The divisions aren't even. While conference championships can and should be taken into consideration, there should never be a written in stone fule pertaining to an automatic qualification or disqualification. That's just fucking stupid. It's not like the NFL, where every team in the division play each other twice and you get to know for absolute sure who the best team in the AFC North is. 

• Like 1

No I just was driving home through it, navigating flooded roads and all that.  This one is at SMU, and ehhh I don’t feel like driving to Dallas.  Or seeing SMU.

I'm glad Florida lost. Now I'm not so worried about the Vols playing them. 

Texas A&M should have beaten Clemson, but had some bad calls that went against them. It wasn't just that failed two point conversion that did them in.

That's good analysis, GM. It was not that one play that lost them the whole game. :p 

I want to see the replay again of the near touchdown/called touchback that they had earlier. In real time it looked like a touchdown, I took my dog out to pee, and when I came back in it was Clemson's ball on the 20.