2018 College Football thread

Lineker

I mean I like Coach O, guy is just a delight. I love hearing his interviews and feeling proud of myself if I can understand a complete sentence. I really want him to do well but he's just... not a great coach. This is his season to do something big though. Their schedule is favorable in that Georgia, Alabama, and Miss State all come to Baton Rouge. A&M probably isn't there yet under Jimbo (give him another year). Florida is down this year. Mississippi is in disarray. Of all the teams I'd say have "outside shots" at the playoffs I'd give them the best chance just solely based on their talent and their schedule

I'd love to see anyone knock off Alabama. But I just don't see LSU being the team to do it. Of the opponents you mentioned, I only see Alabama and Georgia being real threats to LSU.

The Vols should beat Florida this coming weekend, will lose to Georgia and probably to Auburn also (I give them a very slim chance to win that one), and will get probably annihilated by Alabama. Rest of their schedule is pretty much cupcake. Kentucky is getting better, but their last two wins over the Vols happened due to key injuries and shitty coaching. Not Kentucky being a better team. Which they still aren't.

15 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

I mean I like Coach O, guy is just a delight. I love hearing his interviews and feeling proud of myself if I can understand a complete sentence. I really want him to do well but he's just... not a great coach. This is his season to do something big though. Their schedule is favorable in that Georgia, Alabama, and Miss State all come to Baton Rouge. A&M probably isn't there yet under Jimbo (give him another year). Florida is down this year. Mississippi is in disarray. Of all the teams I'd say have "outside shots" at the playoffs I'd give them the best chance just solely based on their talent and their schedule

If you like Coach O, you should read Meat Market by college football writer Bruce Feldman. All access look at a season with Oregeron while he was head coach at Ole Miss. You can find it on amazon for just a few bucks. I love it. I’ve read it four or five times (usually every college football preseason).

11 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

The Vols should beat Florida this coming weekend

Care to make a friendly wager?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

On LSD.

I assumed that was a given :P 

Never mentioned it but I did decide to watch Georgia/Missouri. It's been ok so far. I know Georgia is ranked high but is their defense normally this good? If I remember right that's how they have gotten all their points today

• Like 1