2018 College Football thread

Lineker

10 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Trevor Lawrence is just so much better than Bryant and, one assumes, will only get better over the season. Between he and Tua we might get a couple of legendary QB duels in the playoff in the next 2 seasons.

Too early to say Lawrence will be the first pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, but at this point I’d be surprised if he wasn’t. 

Edited by Meacxico

Some nice upsets and almost upsets this week.  If the voters really use "quality of win" as a factor, Oklahoma should fall a bit since they barely beat Army

Trevor Lawrence was named the Clemson starter on Monday. Kelly Bryant announced he left the team today. He played in four games, but thanks to the new redshirt rule, he can use this year as his redshirt and enroll at a new school in Januart and play for them next Fall.

I’d love to see him go to South Carolina to stick it to Clemson, but I bet he goes to a Penn State or Oklahoma where he’ll be able to step in, (likely) start, and contend for a national title.

Yeah when I saw Lawrence announced as official starter I remembered the new redshirt rule and just figured Bryant would bolt, smart on him. I agree, he winds up somewhere that needs a QB to fill in on a championship contending team. Plenty of options there.

Coaches do these guys dirty all the time, making them think they can start too. Nobody is starting ahead of Tua or Lawrence, they're possibly going number 1 in 2020 and '21 respectively.