2018 College Football thread

Lineker

To be fair, LSU is the easiest match up for Bama. To beat Alabama you need a mobile quarterback that can make big plays. Joe Burrow is the opposite of both those things. And that makes the Tigers one dimensional which feeds into the Tide’s strength of run defense. They’ll slip up somewhere. They won’t go 15-0. Maybe 14-1 and win the title, but some team is gonna catch them one week.

I could see Bama losing the SEC championship to Georgia, which would create a scenario where they both get into the Playoff again.

Bama has a loss to give as long as it's to the right opponent. Michigan does as well. Notre Dame needs to win out. Clemson probably has a loss to give but you have to think any loss they have would be considered a bad loss. Oklahoma/WVU are lurking should others trip up. Ohio State absolutely needs to win out, which they might. But beating Michigan at home might not totally negate losing to Purdue, and for Michigan a loss at Ohio State looks a whole lot better than a loss at Purdue. I can't make a case for Wazzu unless everyone loses and some lose twice. 

Also we caught the 4th quarter of WVU/Texas last night when we were out to dinner. What an ending. Love going for 2 to win instead of tying it.

1 hour ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

For as long as I can remember I’ve always flipped to the final ten minutes of College Gameday just so I can watch the picks segment and Lee Corso’s headgear pick.  I never tire of Corso winding up the home crowd only to then pick against them to massive heat.

My friends and I refer to building someone up for one thing and telling them another as "Pulling a Corso".

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DMN said:

Chip Kelly is going to win less than four games while Herm Edwards is playing for the division title.

Fuck this conference. Bring back the PCC! I want to play Montana and Idaho.

Give him one, maybe two more recruiting classes and you all will rule the South. Especially if we can convince USC to keep Clay Helton forever.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25242973/bobby-petrino-fired-louisville-cardinals-coach

Louisville has fired football coach Bobby Petrino two days after the Cardinals lost their seventh game in a row to fall to 2-8.

Athletic director Vince Tyra announced the move Sunday, saying he "did not have the confidence" that Petrino could turn things around next season and that the change "needs to start happening now."

"We want to thank Bobby for guiding our football program to some of the better seasons we have had historically at UofL during his two separate tenures here," Tyra said in a statement. "However, at this time we feel the program needs different leadership and we owe it to our student-athletes and fans to get this turned around."

Louisville's season has bottomed out during a seven-game losing streak and a five-game stretch of ACC defeats by at least 18 points, including blowout losses to Clemson and Syracuse over the past two weeks. The Cardinals are averaging 21.7 points per game this season, lowest in the ACC. This comes after they led the conference in scoring each of the past two seasons.

On one hand, that's a "Well yeah, no shit" type firing. On the other, I think Louisville owes him a shit ton and Papa John isn't there to foot the bill anymore, so I wasn't sure they'd have the marbles, or moolah, to kick him to the curb. I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that they're going to back the truck up and throw money at Jeff Brohm in an attempt to "bring him home".