What is the best season of a TV show you've ever seen?

Katsuya

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Interesting to see the fifth series of Breaking Bad getting the nod. I really liked it, but I slightly preferred the one before.

Truthfully, Season 4 would be my number two answer. I believe Breaking Bad is the greatest TV show that has ever aired. I just think the bleakness and hopelessness of the characters is riveting TV. Up until the last season, there was this manic energy to each character. In season 5, you know the entire season that this is not ending well for these characters you have grown to care about. It's great. 

To piggyback on GoGo, in terms of a comedy I would have to say Girls Season 1. I am not a huge fan of the later seasons but I think the first season is such a great satire of being young and  privileged in the 21st century.

18 hours ago, The Big Bratwurst said:

Dexter season 4.

This is always my answer to this question. Flat out brilliant from start to finish.

There's definitely some other good shouts in this thread too. Breaking Bad's season 4 is right up there for me, and is better than season 5. Justified S2 is great too, and there's a ton of options for comedy shows. Brooklyn Nine-Nine's third season, Scrubs' fourth, and absolutely Better Call Saul's third season. I'm rewatching Community at the moment and am just into season 2 so glad to see that mentioned in here as I can't really remember what happens in which season at this point from my first watch-through.

Season one of 24 for me was outstanding. It was so fresh and different at the time, I binged it over the course of a few days when I was at college. Remember it vividly. 

Season one of Lost is also up there for me for many of the same reasons. To this day I still think it was revolutionary television and paved the way for a lot of shows we have seen over the past few years such as Fringe and Westworld. Mainly with the mystery and fan theories to boot. 

34 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Main takeaway from this thread is that I must get to season 4 of The Wire. I’ve tried to watch it through twice, but on both occasions I stopped a few episodes into the second season as it was such a slog.

Yeah, for reals. Not that I thought it was a slog but I've watched Season 1-3 and had been watching some other stuff before I get to S4 but now I feel like I have to watch it immediately.

Great thread.

Can't decide between Farscape series 3 or series 4. Series 3 for individual episodes but series 4 for building the story so well.

I liked series 3 of The Wire.

Series 1 of Spartacus, particularly the build up to the last few episodes.

Also, lots more stuff.

American Horror Story: Roanoke. It hit all the right spots for me as a series, and was truly the season I considered to be a true horror. It was terrifying at times.

Buffy Season 3 is another that stands out to me. 

The Good Place Season 1 was beautiful. 

First Seasons of Dead Like Me, Six Feet Under and Pushing Daisies are wonderful as well. 

On 03/08/2018 at 22:17, Bobfoc said:

Blackadder Goes Forth was the first idea that came to mind.

Absolute masterpiece from beginning to end.

blackadder.jpg?w=300&h=270

Who would have noticed another madman around here?

• Like 1

I actually prefer Season Two of The Wire; after a fairly impenetrable opening episode it really rewards patience with some great arcs for the one-season-and-done characters and a compelling greek-tradgedy of an ending.

I'd also say Season Two of Justified for a near perfect 'Villain of the season' type story, and likewise S4 of The Shield for the same.