Sign in to follow this  
Katsuya

What is the best season of a TV show you've ever seen?

Stick Stickly    1,031
7 hours ago, Cloud Was A Racecar Driver said:

Season 4 of the Wire is the best shout. Breaking Bad season 5 is a good one as well. I'd also add Sons of Anarchy season 2, the season with the white supremacist/nazis plot. 

TBF, Henry Rollins makes most things better.

• Like 2

Adam es Tranquilo    6,897
18 hours ago, The Big Bratwurst said:

Dexter season 4.

This is always my answer to this question. Flat out brilliant from start to finish.

There's definitely some other good shouts in this thread too. Breaking Bad's season 4 is right up there for me, and is better than season 5. Justified S2 is great too, and there's a ton of options for comedy shows. Brooklyn Nine-Nine's third season, Scrubs' fourth, and absolutely Better Call Saul's third season. I'm rewatching Community at the moment and am just into season 2 so glad to see that mentioned in here as I can't really remember what happens in which season at this point from my first watch-through.

Katsuya    2,836

Also, in terms of comedy: Frasier Seasons 4/5 are some of the best two seasons back-to-back, where I can watch every episode and laugh at something madly in each one 

Edited by Katsuya
  • Like 1

The Banshee Fork    4,959

Buffy Season 6
Angel Season 2
Prison Break Season 2
One Tree Hill Season 1 (shuddup!)

Liam Mk2    3,407

Season one of 24 for me was outstanding. It was so fresh and different at the time, I binged it over the course of a few days when I was at college. Remember it vividly. 

Season one of Lost is also up there for me for many of the same reasons. To this day I still think it was revolutionary television and paved the way for a lot of shows we have seen over the past few years such as Fringe and Westworld. Mainly with the mystery and fan theories to boot. 

The Evil Overlord    10,160

OK but let's face it season 4 of The Wire is objectively the correct answer.

• Like 1

Liam Mk2    3,407

Main takeaway from this thread is that I must get to season 4 of The Wire. I’ve tried to watch it through twice, but on both occasions I stopped a few episodes into the second season as it was such a slog.

34 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Main takeaway from this thread is that I must get to season 4 of The Wire. I’ve tried to watch it through twice, but on both occasions I stopped a few episodes into the second season as it was such a slog.

Yeah, for reals. Not that I thought it was a slog but I've watched Season 1-3 and had been watching some other stuff before I get to S4 but now I feel like I have to watch it immediately.

Great thread.

Can't decide between Farscape series 3 or series 4. Series 3 for individual episodes but series 4 for building the story so well.

I liked series 3 of The Wire.

Series 1 of Spartacus, particularly the build up to the last few episodes.

Also, lots more stuff.

Bobfoc    4,208

I forgot to mention Police Squad. So many memorable moments and quotes from its one and only series.

• Like 3

arwrestling    283

American Horror Story: Roanoke. It hit all the right spots for me as a series, and was truly the season I considered to be a true horror. It was terrifying at times.

Buffy Season 3 is another that stands out to me. 

The Good Place Season 1 was beautiful. 

First Seasons of Dead Like Me, Six Feet Under and Pushing Daisies are wonderful as well. 

MDK    23,196
On 03/08/2018 at 22:17, Bobfoc said:

Blackadder Goes Forth was the first idea that came to mind.

Absolute masterpiece from beginning to end.

blackadder.jpg?w=300&h=270

Who would have noticed another madman around here?

• Like 1

Timmoru Suzuki    107

I actually prefer Season Two of The Wire; after a fairly impenetrable opening episode it really rewards patience with some great arcs for the one-season-and-done characters and a compelling greek-tradgedy of an ending.

I'd also say Season Two of Justified for a near perfect 'Villain of the season' type story, and likewise S4 of The Shield for the same.

GA!    11,418

I'm cheating... The first 16 episodes of Twin Peaks (up to and including 2x09).

• Like 1

Chuck Season 2 was pretty damn amazing. Such great story telling, character progress, action, drama, comedy, and romance. Those last few episodes are my favorite moments in TV ever. 

HIMYM Season 2 is my favorite comedy season I think. While I hated the ending of the series, I loved Ted and Robin as a couple, the wedding, Barney on The Price is Right was great, the introduction of Wayne Brady, and of course, the Slap Bet and Robin Sparkles.

The OC Season 2 was pretty spectacular, no shame in my game.

Revenge Season 1 was also some fun soapy goodness. I really enjoyed that show when it first came out. A great Count of Monte Crisco style story. 

On 08/08/2018 at 13:46, Timmoru Suzuki said:

I actually prefer Season Two of The Wire; after a fairly impenetrable opening episode it really rewards patience with some great arcs for the one-season-and-done characters and a compelling greek-tradgedy of an ending.

I'd also say Season Two of Justified for a near perfect 'Villain of the season' type story, and likewise S4 of The Shield for the same.

Season Two of the Wire gets unfairly treated. The characters and settings are interesting and different to what we'd gotten used to. It really does build throughout as the younger brother goes more and more off on one.

• Like 3

Alex.    1,023
On 05/08/2018 at 05:04, The Evil Overlord said:

OK but let's face it season 4 of The Wire is objectively the correct answer.