What is the worst season of a TV Show you've ever seen?

JasonM

2 hours ago, Cloud Was A Racecar Driver said:

Season 2 of Kimmy isn't a bad shout now that i think about it. I was pretty well riveted by season 1 and season 2 was just... there.

Agreed. I still haven't started watching Season 3 and I don't have a ton of pull to do so. 

Having thought up another. Star Trek TNG: Season 1 is easily the worst season of any Star Trek show ever.

It's just an utter slog of early-seasonitis and it never really find its way until season 2 came around. Picard was a sullen old prick, Wesley Crusher was a loathable little shit, and the goody-goodness is utterly nauseating, but then you also have the utter hypocrisy and 'humanity is always right-isms' throughout.

Like always hammering and harping on every rule imagineable, with a few good sneers about how perfect everything is, but before the end of the episode they've broken every single rule they spoke of and are puttering off into space without any sort of responsibility being taken.

Also, the second episode is utterly idiotic in its placement. With the crew (which haven't been established at all, and you have zero connection with) is afflicted with the sex-virus and it basically has characters you don't care about yet doing things that are apparently against their personalities, but you don't know that because you don't know those characters, so it's all hear-say and telling you the viewer. With the ultimate headscratcher in that episode being Data and Tasha Yar getting it on, for... reasons. It's unexplained with the android is also afflicted with the sex-virus.

Season 1 is a lot of frustration and shit, and it's actually amazing they recovered from that to become one of the best shows of the 80s.

Red Dwarf series 8 is far worse than series 7. The dancing Blue Midget, Pete the canary/dinosaur, the support characters...

I can see what they tried to do - returning Lister and Rimmer to a position where they have to share a room again and are forced into more structure, much like the first couple of series, but they got it all wrong.

2 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Red Dwarf series 8 is far worse than series 7. The dancing Blue Midget, Pete the canary/dinosaur, the support characters...

I can see what they tried to do - returning Lister and Rimmer to a position where they have to share a room again and are forced into more structure, much like the first couple of series, but they got it all wrong.

Series 8 had its moments, but it felt like a completely different show. Pete was definitely one of the worst episodes, and I think the three-parter that began the series was too drawn out. On the plus side, I quite liked the last episode, and having Mac McDonald and Norman Lovett back as Captain Hollister and Holly respectively was good.

I have to break the mold and say that Dexter Season 7 was worst for me than the last one, if I'm being honest. Neither were particularly great, but I preferred the last one. 

Walking Dead Season 2, I loathed. That was a chore. 

American Horror Story: Asylum.... blech. Not pleasant and way too convoluted. 

Angel Season 4 wasn't a whole lot of fun either... I can't remember if I hated Season 5, mostly because the way the series ended just pissed me off and I blocked a lot of it out. 

Young Sheldon, not by choice.

On 06/08/2018 at 12:40, Bobfoc said:

Series 8 had its moments, but it felt like a completely different show. Pete was definitely one of the worst episodes, and I think the three-parter that began the series was too drawn out. On the plus side, I quite liked the last episode, and having Mac McDonald and Norman Lovett back as Captain Hollister and Holly respectively was good.

Hollister and Male Holly were welcome returns.

First season of Next Generation. I'm glad at the time it aired I jumped on board quite late on and then re-watched it on repeat as I don't think I'd have survived the show trying to be a fan from the very first episode through.

Season 1 of King of the Hill.  The animation is horrible, the characters and pacing are boring as hell.  I have no idea how it got a second season except maybe goodwill from Beavis and Butthead.  However I am insanely glad that it did because Season 2 on the show is amazing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Season 1 of King of the Hill.  The animation is horrible, the characters and pacing are boring as hell.  I have no idea how it got a second season except maybe goodwill from Beavis and Butthead.  However I am insanely glad that it did because Season 2 on the show is amazing.

I wish King of the Hill would get put on Netflix. Wasn't a huge fan of it growing up, mainly just watched it because it was on before The Simpsons, but it's one of those shows I kinda want to do a complete watch through. 

• Like 1

Heroes Season 3. It was so much worse than S2 for me. Such convulted story telling, always forcing terrible love storylines, just so much terrible execution on everything. "The Hunger' garbage with Sylar/Peter was terrible, and just bad crap after bad crap. I had so much hope that this season would be great after the writer's strike, but it was even worse.

Revenge Season 2. I remember loving the first season of this show, it was a really great start to the show. Then they made it pretty awful pretty quick. I remember The Initiative storyline being garbage, the awful Emily/Aiden stuff, and more. 

Walking Dead Season 7 was fucking garbage. They took what should've been the best storyline possible and turned it into a borefest.

@Dang117 while the ending is very awful, I honestly found myself loving the season until then. Getting so much of The Mother was great - she was such a loveable character - and so many great throwbacks to the former seasons made it fantastic, until the end. 

Edited by It's Pronounced Zoom-E

I echo the final season of HIMYM. Even if some of it wasn't that bad, the finale ruined not just the entire season, making the main storyline from that season mute and extremely pointless - but it also ruined the entire show to the point where I won't even watch reruns of the good seasons.

• Like 1