Sign in to follow this  
Jasonmufc

What is the worst season of a TV Show you've ever seen?

On 06/08/2018 at 12:40, Bobfoc said:

Series 8 had its moments, but it felt like a completely different show. Pete was definitely one of the worst episodes, and I think the three-parter that began the series was too drawn out. On the plus side, I quite liked the last episode, and having Mac McDonald and Norman Lovett back as Captain Hollister and Holly respectively was good.

Hollister and Male Holly were welcome returns.

Timmoru Suzuki    107

First season of Next Generation. I'm glad at the time it aired I jumped on board quite late on and then re-watched it on repeat as I don't think I'd have survived the show trying to be a fan from the very first episode through.

Azazel    2,318

Season 1 of King of the Hill.  The animation is horrible, the characters and pacing are boring as hell.  I have no idea how it got a second season except maybe goodwill from Beavis and Butthead.  However I am insanely glad that it did because Season 2 on the show is amazing.

• Like 1

Pooker    213
9 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Season 1 of King of the Hill.  The animation is horrible, the characters and pacing are boring as hell.  I have no idea how it got a second season except maybe goodwill from Beavis and Butthead.  However I am insanely glad that it did because Season 2 on the show is amazing.

I wish King of the Hill would get put on Netflix. Wasn't a huge fan of it growing up, mainly just watched it because it was on before The Simpsons, but it's one of those shows I kinda want to do a complete watch through. 

• Like 1

Dang117    44

How I Met Your Mother Season 9.

I still hate the ending of this so much.

Edited by Dang117

Heroes Season 3. It was so much worse than S2 for me. Such convulted story telling, always forcing terrible love storylines, just so much terrible execution on everything. "The Hunger' garbage with Sylar/Peter was terrible, and just bad crap after bad crap. I had so much hope that this season would be great after the writer's strike, but it was even worse.

Revenge Season 2. I remember loving the first season of this show, it was a really great start to the show. Then they made it pretty awful pretty quick. I remember The Initiative storyline being garbage, the awful Emily/Aiden stuff, and more. 

Walking Dead Season 7 was fucking garbage. They took what should've been the best storyline possible and turned it into a borefest.

@Dang117 while the ending is very awful, I honestly found myself loving the season until then. Getting so much of The Mother was great - she was such a loveable character - and so many great throwbacks to the former seasons made it fantastic, until the end. 

Edited by It's Pronounced Zoom-E

St. Dubb    462

I echo the final season of HIMYM. Even if some of it wasn't that bad, the finale ruined not just the entire season, making the main storyline from that season mute and extremely pointless - but it also ruined the entire show to the point where I won't even watch reruns of the good seasons.

Malenko    98

I can't say HIMYM. I actually enjoyed the last season. Not a big fan of the ending but not a bad season as a whole IMO.

I've watched Heroes so long ago I don't even remember anymore but it's true at some point I started losing interest, fast. Don't remember which season though.

St. Dubb    462

Everything after Season 1 of Heroes (which I would put in the other thread of best seasons ever) is absolutely terrible. Including the reboot/revival. 

MDK    23,025
On 04/08/2018 at 10:50, Colly said:

Also Red Dwarf series 7. They should have just pulled the plug. 

I honestly think Tikka to Ride is one of the best episodes.

• Like 1

Colly    13,783

You would. 

Adam es Tranquilo    6,780

I enjoyed that episode but it had no laugh track (on Netflix at least) and it was just dead weird without it. One or two episodes later I gave up trying to watch it and haven't gone back since.

Bobfoc    4,151
20 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I enjoyed that episode but it had no laugh track (on Netflix at least) and it was just dead weird without it. One or two episodes later I gave up trying to watch it and haven't gone back since.

The original versions have laughter, but the Netflix ones don't. It's past the second episode that the series nosedives, in my opinion.

Modern Crystal Maze.

Ayoade is no ROB or ETP. It feels cramped and lower budget. Games are worse. Five person teams of friends (or worse, celebs) suck compared to 6 randoms. I hate that they've dropped to 10 games per episode (fitting in the extra ad break) which makes the zones seem more fleeting and less a part of the show.

Compare to series 1 where they could play 14 games before it was standardised at 12 later on.

I watched them all back on Youtube last year and it was still loadsa fun.

Noah    5,077
23 hours ago, stokerino said:

You guys do realise that the more you talk about 2001 WWF, the more I'm going to end up (consciously or not) stealing half your ideas. :shifty:

(Actually one of my main plans re: Invasion-ish stuff has already been mentioned...but I'm not going to say what because there's a good chance I'll end up changing my mind anyway)

I have no idea why this was included in the quotes but I'm too lazy to remove it. :shifty:

On 04/08/2018 at 23:11, Noah said:

I can't hate on the 7th season of Red Dwarf for 2 reasons.

1. The first episode was fun, especially the extended version.

2. Because it gave us this....

18 hours ago, MDK said:

I honestly think Tikka to Ride is one of the best episodes.

I was rather fond of it as well, as you can see from the above. Lister exploding cameras and wrecking history from the 20th century on because he fancied a curry.

14 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

14 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

The original versions have laughter, but the Netflix ones don't. It's past the second episode that the series nosedives, in my opinion.

I purchased the vhs tape back in the day and it didn't have a laugh track and yeah, it felt really weird. Still that tape got plenty of play due to the extended scenes like the song in the video further up in my post.

stokerino    10,074

I seem to recall that the original TV versions of all Red Dwarf 7 had laughter, but then a few of the episodes got 'extended' versions for a VHS release that had more scenes but no laugh track.

Edit: This one! I remember owning this. :wub:

516QTXTF8BL._SY445_.jpg

Noah    5,077
4 minutes ago, stokerino said:

or VHS...?

s-l1600.jpg

I can't speak for newfangled stuff like DVD's but that's the tape I bought. Ah the days when even

a show with as few episodes as that was split up into multiple parts and all at full price. :pervert:

Adam es Tranquilo    6,780

It did my head in too much, I was watching it all the way through on Netflix and just had to give up at that point. In the past I'd seen early seasons on tele but never anything later than around Red Dwarf IV except for Back to Earth.

tristy    2,899

S1 & S2 of Parks & Rec, only because Paul Schneider was a regular. The show fires on all cylinders from the start, but any time he's in a scene it's a slog to get through. The "romance" storyline between Leslie and Mark is horrible and was upgraded 1000% when Adam Scott came on board and from then on, every episode and season was fantastic.

I was going to come in here and say the last two or three seasons of Dexter, but I didn't want to beat a dead horse. I've never went from liking a show as much as I did Dexter, to hating one so fast. After the Trinity Killer stuff, the show fell of a fucking cliff and was ate by sharks, then that shark was speared through the eye. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Alex.    1,001

Season 4 of Power. 

although that show is on quite a run with a good season 1, great season 2, mediocre season 3, awful season 4 and same old shit season 5

Under the Dome Season 2

Quite enjoyed the first season, but fell off hard big time during the second season and was a real slog to get through as it went on. Losing a couple of the better actors on the show didn't help and the new characters that suddenly appeared weren't up to scratch. The whole Zenith thing was absurd.

Didn't bother watching season three.

Colly    13,783

How did it end? I gave up straight after Season 1, there wasn't a single likeable character and the only thing that kept me going was wanting to see if they escaped or (hopefully) all suffocated. 

Lint    11,058
6 hours ago, Carlos Carvalhal said:

Under the Dome Season 2

Quite enjoyed the first season, but fell off hard big time during the second season and was a real slog to get through as it went on. Losing a couple of the better actors on the show didn't help and the new characters that suddenly appeared weren't up to scratch. The whole Zenith thing was absurd.

Didn't bother watching season three.

I gave up during S1, like right at the end.  Didn't even watch the S1 finale.  Lost me dwhen new character would keep showing up and would just say something like "Oh I was on the other side of town!"