What is the worst season of a TV Show you've ever seen?

JasonM

20 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I enjoyed that episode but it had no laugh track (on Netflix at least) and it was just dead weird without it. One or two episodes later I gave up trying to watch it and haven't gone back since.

The original versions have laughter, but the Netflix ones don't. It's past the second episode that the series nosedives, in my opinion.

Modern Crystal Maze.

Ayoade is no ROB or ETP. It feels cramped and lower budget. Games are worse. Five person teams of friends (or worse, celebs) suck compared to 6 randoms. I hate that they've dropped to 10 games per episode (fitting in the extra ad break) which makes the zones seem more fleeting and less a part of the show.

Compare to series 1 where they could play 14 games before it was standardised at 12 later on.

I watched them all back on Youtube last year and it was still loadsa fun.

23 hours ago, stokerino said:

You guys do realise that the more you talk about 2001 WWF, the more I'm going to end up (consciously or not) stealing half your ideas. :shifty:

(Actually one of my main plans re: Invasion-ish stuff has already been mentioned...but I'm not going to say what because there's a good chance I'll end up changing my mind anyway)

I have no idea why this was included in the quotes but I'm too lazy to remove it. :shifty:

On 04/08/2018 at 23:11, Noah said:

I can't hate on the 7th season of Red Dwarf for 2 reasons.

1. The first episode was fun, especially the extended version.

2. Because it gave us this....

18 hours ago, MDK said:

I honestly think Tikka to Ride is one of the best episodes.

I was rather fond of it as well, as you can see from the above. Lister exploding cameras and wrecking history from the 20th century on because he fancied a curry.

14 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

I enjoyed that episode but it had no laugh track (on Netflix at least) and it was just dead weird without it. One or two episodes later I gave up trying to watch it and haven't gone back since.

14 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

The original versions have laughter, but the Netflix ones don't. It's past the second episode that the series nosedives, in my opinion.

I purchased the vhs tape back in the day and it didn't have a laugh track and yeah, it felt really weird. Still that tape got plenty of play due to the extended scenes like the song in the video further up in my post.

I seem to recall that the original TV versions of all Red Dwarf 7 had laughter, but then a few of the episodes got 'extended' versions for a VHS release that had more scenes but no laugh track.

Edit: This one! I remember owning this. :wub:

516QTXTF8BL._SY445_.jpg

S1 & S2 of Parks & Rec, only because Paul Schneider was a regular. The show fires on all cylinders from the start, but any time he's in a scene it's a slog to get through. The "romance" storyline between Leslie and Mark is horrible and was upgraded 1000% when Adam Scott came on board and from then on, every episode and season was fantastic.

I was going to come in here and say the last two or three seasons of Dexter, but I didn't want to beat a dead horse. I've never went from liking a show as much as I did Dexter, to hating one so fast. After the Trinity Killer stuff, the show fell of a fucking cliff and was ate by sharks, then that shark was speared through the eye. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Under the Dome Season 2

Quite enjoyed the first season, but fell off hard big time during the second season and was a real slog to get through as it went on. Losing a couple of the better actors on the show didn't help and the new characters that suddenly appeared weren't up to scratch. The whole Zenith thing was absurd.

Didn't bother watching season three.

6 hours ago, Carlos Carvalhal said:

Under the Dome Season 2

Quite enjoyed the first season, but fell off hard big time during the second season and was a real slog to get through as it went on. Losing a couple of the better actors on the show didn't help and the new characters that suddenly appeared weren't up to scratch. The whole Zenith thing was absurd.

Didn't bother watching season three.

I gave up during S1, like right at the end.  Didn't even watch the S1 finale.  Lost me dwhen new character would keep showing up and would just say something like "Oh I was on the other side of town!"

• Like 1