NFL 2018

Lineker

33 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

You gotta feel good for the fans of New England though. It's been almost 3 months since they last had something to celebrate.

I couldn't get out of work the day of the Red Sox parade, so may as well get a Patriots one to go to instead

58 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I know it's against the norm here but I like the Patriots. I know people are tired of them winning or whatever but I like watching them

It’s just fun when sports are exciting and unpredictable. The Warriors winning the NBA finals or the Patriots winning another Super Bowl is just bog standard now.

The Cubs winning the World Series was exciting and unpredictable and it made an incredible narrative, that even non-Cub fans could follow and enjoy.

Patriots winning again is just another notch on Bill and Tom’s bedpost and doesn’t do much for the non-Patriot crowd. It’s impressive that they can do it every year. But it takes the excitement and variance of story out of the sport, as opposed to say Andy Reid finally getting over the postseason hump and finally winning a Super Bowl. Or the young Sean McVay leading a franchise that was a joke to the Super Bowl within three years. 

Theres nothing wrong with enjoying them. I’d just like to see someone else climb the mountain instead of Brady doing it again and again .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Meacon said:

It’s just fun when sports are exciting and unpredictable. The Warriors winning the NBA finals or the Patriots winning another Super Bowl is just bog standard now.

The Cubs winning the World Series was exciting and unpredictable and it made an incredible narrative, that even non-Cub fans could follow and enjoy.

Patriots winning again is just another notch on Bill and Tom’s bedpost and doesn’t do much for the non-Patriot crowd. It’s impressive that they can do it every year. But it takes the excitement and variance of story out of the sport, as opposed to say Andy Reid finally getting over the postseason hump and finally winning a Super Bowl. Or the young Sean McVay leading a franchise that was a joke to the Super Bowl within three years. 

Theres nothing wrong with enjoying them. I’d just like to see someone else climb the mountain instead of Brady doing it again and again .

That makes total sense to me. I can get behind that it just seems like a lot of people have a weird hatred for them though. If it's just for this reason I get it though

The Patriots have the advantage of being the only consistently good team in their division. No one is scared of the Jets, and the Dolphins and Bills flip-flop a lot. 

Also, all the Patriots' Super Bowls of the Brady-Belichick era have been close games, win or lose. Color me impressed when they win the title in a blow out. 

I'm absolutely sick of the New England Patriots.

1 minute ago, GhostMachine said:

The Patriots have the advantage of being the only consistently good team in their division. No one is scared of the Jets, and the Dolphins and Bills flip-flop a lot. 

Also, all the Patriots' Super Bowls of the Brady-Belichick era have been close games, win or lose. Color me impressed when they win the title in a blow out. 

I get your point about the division but you're not impressed that they won 6 Superbowls just because they were all close? To me that's more impressive when you can win a competitive game

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Apparently Maroon 5 are doing the SB half time show.

Wasn't that announced a few months ago? I wish they'd book bands like The Who and Tom Petty (obviously not literally) again, the pop stuff does nothing for me.

What the Patriots have done the last 20 years is incredible but yeah, I am so so so beyond sick of seeing them in January every year, nevermind the Super Bowl. The comeback over the Falcons was the very, very last straw for me with that one.

41 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

This is maybe the dumbest thing ever said. You don’t respect them because they win championships but they’re close? This is the NFL. Parity is king. Whether it’s by 4 or 40 it’s impressive. No other teams are even “barely” winning championships routinely. The hell you say.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VerbalPuke said:

Fucking Nick Foles, what is he?

Seriously, dude has the fucking weirdest career arc of anyone

6 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

The Eagles secondary has been really great the past month and they've, though early, had a handle on everything Brees is throwing at them.

In a LOL Lions moment, the guy that had that pick for Philly today, the Lions had him and cut him midseason. He has since been a steady presence for Philly from my understanding. 

4 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

In a LOL Lions moment, the guy that had that pick for Philly today, the Lions had him and cut him midseason. He has since been a steady presence for Philly from my understanding. 

TBF we are his 4th team in 2 years and he was a UFA