Sign in to follow this  
Lineklaus

NFL 2018

DMN    3,305
2 hours ago, Pooker said:

The Browns want to interview Condoleeza Rice for their head coaching vacancy this off season.

Raiders: Damn, Cleveland's getting their shit together, we might be the worst team in the NFL!

Cleveland: Hold my beer.

Edited by DMN
double posted
  • Like 2

Lineklaus    34,853

Fitz benched, Winston back in for Tampa.

Alex Smith and Marcus Mariota also hurt.

Liam    5,279
Just now, Lineker said:

Fitz benched, Winston back in for Tampa.

Alex Smith and Marcus Mariota also hurt.

Smith broke his leg. Nasty looking.

Lineklaus    34,853

Various outlets are saying ankle.

Now Cam Newton is down!

Pooker    251

Joe Theisman tweeted that Alex Smith's leg looks just like his did 33 years ago today that ended his career. 

Hopefully it's not that bad. Smith has been one of my favorite players since he played at the University of Utah and I would hate for him to go out like this.

• Sad 1

Adam es Tranquilo    7,094

That Alex Smith injury looks about as bad as it can be, horrible. Seen similar a few times in soccer and whilst I've seen players come back and be just as good as before, I've also seen it finish players off as top talents.

Lineklaus    34,853

I only looked away for a few minutes - lol Jags?

Lineklaus    34,853
4 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

That Alex Smith injury was scary. To bring it into wrestling terms for a sec it was like when Sid snapped his ankle in WCW near the end but sped up so it looked worse

Yep: 

Pooker    251

Smith has a broken fibula and a broken tibia and is being taken into surgery immediately. 

Meacon    22,400

I mean you could see it dangling right when it happened. I’m not sure why it was ever reported as an ankle when it’s obvious to anyone with eyes it was a broken leg.

TCO    4,420

I was a big advocate of not drafting a HB at #2 overall but fuck me Saquon is insanely good. He's only 21 too so there's plenty of time to enjoy his prime while the team figures out the QB position. 

The 2020 Draft is the place to do it I reckon!

damsher hatfield    9,305

That Alex Smith injury is awful. Given his age I'm extremely worried it'll be a career-ender. Fortunately, if you can use that word, it was his leg and not his ankle. So assuming the bones heal nicely he shouldn't have any real long-term issues.

Lamar Jackson played pretty well today. He's lethal on the ground. Sometimes he throws the ball poorly, but he seems capable of reading a defense which our incumbent QB hasn't been able to do for 11 seasons.

Lint    11,291

I can't remember the last time I turned off an Eagles game, but I'll be tuning into Survivor Series in a few minutes.  While the fact our secondary is basically people pulled out of the stands at this point, thats not the entire reason we suck this season.  We can't block, we can't score, we can't tackle, we can't run the ball

Lineklaus    34,853

New Orleans are actually obscene this year.

damsher hatfield    9,305

Everything that could have regressed in Philly did. They'll likely bounce back next year. Granted, even after this week they'll be 2 back in a division that looks more and more like it'll be won by an 8-8 team. 

And New Orleans are 100% Super Bowl favorites right now.

Meacon    22,400
1 hour ago, Lint said:

I can't remember the last time I turned off an Eagles game, but I'll be tuning into Survivor Series in a few minutes.  While the fact our secondary is basically people pulled out of the stands at this point, thats not the entire reason we suck this season.  We can't block, we can't score, we can't tackle, we can't run the ball

On the the contrary, I watched every second! :lol: 

Lint    11,291
30 minutes ago, Meacon said:

On the the contrary, I watched every second! :lol: 

I mean, if you told me two years ago, we'd have this stat

9a3ajnxtn6z11.jpg

I'd still be pretty happy because we won a Super Bowl

• Sad 1

Lineklaus    34,853

Tonight's game should be a little bit good.

Maxx    17,319
16 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Everything that could have regressed in Philly did. They'll likely bounce back next year. Granted, even after this week they'll be 2 back in a division that looks more and more like it'll be won by an 8-8 team. 

An 8-8 team you say?

giphy.gif

• Like 2