NFL 2018

Lineker

9 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Why did Green Bay trade Dix? Thought he was fitting in well there.

He's a FA after this season and they probably had no real intention of signing him so might as well get the pick. 

Didn't he have their most tackles over the past two years or something? 

I think I may have alluded to us trading Tate. Not surprised by the move, it’s a smart move for us. 

Tate is awesome. I think Eagles fans will love him, he’s a unique talent. 

That said, he’s in a contract year, likely wants 14 mil per year, and will be 31 when that happens. I can’t see any scenario where Detroit gives him that money so getting a third for him now was a smart move . 

47 minutes ago, Meacon said:

The espn front page says:

Redskins acquire Clinton-Dix from Green Bay!

Eagles acquire Golden Tate from Detroit!

QB Lauletta arrested; Giants disappointed 

That about sums up the season, eh @Buschie Van Wagenen?

Eh, it’s not like I expected them to trade FOR anyone.

I do wish they could’ve gotten rid of Janoris Jenkins who has sucked ass this year.

That they didn’t trade Landon Collins and sought a second round pick for him makes me hopeful that they’ll try to re-sign him this offseason.  Might even be franchise tagged.

14 minutes ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

Eh, it’s not like I expected them to trade FOR anyone.

I do wish they could’ve gotten rid of Janoris Jenkins who has sucked ass this year.

That they didn’t trade Landon Collins and sought a second round pick for him makes me hopeful that they’ll try to re-sign him this offseason.  Might even be franchise tagged.

I just meant every team around you is getting better and Giants disappointed.

5 hours ago, livid said:

He's a FA after this season and they probably had no real intention of signing him so might as well get the pick. 

Just seems odd for the Packers to make that kind of a move. They love their homegrown players.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

This is gonna be one shitty game.

Nick who? It's a living scene from Moneyball

"Sounds like a San Francisco 49er already" 

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

This is gonna be one shitty game.

People said the same thing about the 49ers/Rams game last season on TNF and it turned out to be one of the best of the year. 

Also, the Nick Mullens era starts TODAY:w00t:

8 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I'd take the Browns over the Raiders right now.....

That's cool. We beat them this year, albeit not without controversy. The Raiders are also ahead of Cleveland in terms of a rebuild. Cleveland may have a stronger roster, but no coaching staff and a front office that leaves much to be desired. Say what you want about the Oakland front office and coaching staff, but there is a clear plan. Oakland has a direction and is moving towards it. Cleveland has Baker Mayfield and that's it.

27 minutes ago, TCO said:

Cleveland has Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward too though and I think a lot of their shortcomings are coaching related. I'd take the Browns over the Raiders right now.

And the Raiders had Derek Carr, Khalil Mack, and Amari Cooper. Every team in the NFL has good players, but unless your franchise has a plan and a direction, you don't go anywhere. Look at the Chargers. For a decde they had the most talented team in the NFL, but never did anything with it because of bad leadership. Until Cleveland gets someone in there with a track record, or someone new who proves something, I'll see it when I believe it. Gruden built a team that lost a Super Bowl to a team he was coaching. He then kept Tampa Bay more competitive than they've been in a decade, WITHOUT the draft picks traded to acquire him. Now he has five picks over the next two rounds, and while it remains to be seen how they turn out, that's likely 5 cheap starters.

Getting the players before the coach is putting the cart before the horse. Oakland is taking the more realistic approach, and will be better long term for it.

That's all true and a solid theory if you believe Gruden is the guy. You do, I don't! 😋

I just think it's a heavy gamble that could be catastrophic. Handing him the keys to the castle for 10 years and letting him strip the roster for assets is something that could go easily wrong. I also don't think Carr is the guy. So either they're rolling the dice on another QB in the draft or they're paying Carr $22mil a year for the next 3 years, neither are ideal.

So as of now, give me Cleveland's defense, Baker and trust in whatever coach Dorsey chooses.