NFL 2018

Lineker

29 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

What is this?

College football conference where every game is basically the Rams/Chiefs.

Google Oklahoma State vs West Virginia. Literally just happened last weekend. Or Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State the week before that. :lol: 

Ask @The Chiksrara Special Just how amazing last year’s college football national championship game was. That was two SEC teams, but if you like high scoring games all the time, college football may be for you.

18 minutes ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

Chase Daniel is on a two-year, $10 million contract having attempted just three passes since 2015.  Being a backup QB must rule.

Jim Sorgi is able to leap out of bed every morning as fresh as a daisy, because I think he got hit maybe three times in his life. 

22 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Jim Sorgi is able to leap out of bed every morning as fresh as a daisy, because I think he got hit maybe three times in his life. 

And yet one of the few times he did get hit, it resulted in a career ending shoulder injury in the 2010 preseason with the Giants.

Just thinking about that, he went from being Peyton's backup in the midst of his iron man streak to go be Eli's backup during his own iron man streak.  He probably could've gotten several years out of that.

Sorgi is only 37 now.  Had he not gotten that fluke injury, it's not impossible that he's still getting paid handsomely to hold a clipboard somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

And yet one of the few times he did get hit, it resulted in a career ending shoulder injury in the 2010 preseason with the Giants.

Just thinking about that, he went from being Peyton's backup in the midst of his iron man streak to go be Eli's backup during his own iron man streak.  He probably could've gotten several years out of that.

Sorgi is only 37 now.  Had he not gotten that fluke injury, it's not impossible that he's still getting paid handsomely to hold a clipboard somewhere.

Now you're being silly.

They hold Microsoft Surface Pro's (c) now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

Gonzalez, Reed, and Bailey are all eligible for the first time.  Gonzalez and Reed are definitely going in on their first try.  Bailey is a bit more on the fence - he's certainly going in but the question is will it be instant or will he have to wait a year or two.  But I felt the same way about Brian Urlacher and Jason Taylor, and they both got in instantly so I think there's definitely a tendency to reward the most recently eligible guys even if loads of others at the same position have been waiting for a while.

So that's three of the five Modern Era spots.  As for the other two?  Lots of luck picking between that group.  I'll go with Don Coryell and Edgerrin James but it really can go in a million different directions.

If you think Champ is going in then Ty Law has to be going in before him.  Played less games then Bailey, has 1 more INT, almost 400 more INT yards and 3 more TDs

1 hour ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

Chase Daniel is on a two-year, $10 million contract having attempted just three passes since 2015.  Being a backup QB must rule.

More about college, but this still works for NFL QBs

3 hours ago, Lint said:

If you think Champ is going in then Ty Law has to be going in before him.  Played less games then Bailey, has 1 more INT, almost 400 more INT yards and 3 more TDs

More about college, but this still works for NFL QBs

Champ Bailey was a better cornerback than Ty Law. Interceptions don't really mean anything to me. Bailey was able to continue a stellar career after the rule changes while Law was not.

Fucking love Alex Moran, tho, that man is a saint.

7 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Champ Bailey would go long stretches of games without interceptions because teams refused to throw to his side of the field. 

Darrelle Revis led the league in passes defensed once and never led in interceptions yet it's not even an argument that he was the best CB of his generation.