NFL 2018

Lineker

On 25/08/2018 at 14:42, Lowerdeck said:

If you were Bill Belichick, would you go get Dez Bryant?  Either way, why?

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Eric Decker has announced his retirement. 

29 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Maybe he'll be motivated to perform for me in Fantasy now! 

No thats not how that works.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Makes OBJ the highest paid WR in NFL history.  Unsurprisingly, I’m seeing tons of comments about how he got way too much given his injury history, but meh.  Every year somebody signs a deal that makes them the highest paid ever at their position.

This is going to make Julio Jones's new deal very interesting.  He'll want OBJ money plus more, but I still see that playing out more like Dez Bryant and less like OBJ.

Concerning Decker:  the poor guy has suffered quite a few concussions, so it seems like a good time to get out while he still seems to have his short-term health.

I feel like OBJ's "injury history" is a bit overstated. He had the hamstring issue in his rookie year that by all accounts he ended up playing through and then he had the ankle issue last year. Hardly enough to justify the "injury prone" tag. 

Beckham isn't injury prone at all. Apart from the initial injury before his debut, his only one was a broken ankle last year. Broken bones from impact injuries can happen to anyone.

He's a top 3 receiver at worst and he's only 25. Julio is 29 and AB is 30. Odell was always going to get the highest ever WR contract and he deserves every penny.

Saints have given them a 3rd round pick. Good business for the Saints I think (and the pick is good for the Jets) though I do wonder why you would trade your most talented QB... 

(Yes, Darnold is good. He might become better. But Teddy is head and shoulders better now). 

2 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Bridgewater now installed as the heir apparent in New Orleans. Not a bad spot to wind up.

Keenum has looked fine so far, but I stand by the fact that I wanted Bridgewater over him during the off-season. As long as he doesn't get hurt, he can be a good'un.