NFL 2018

Lineker

6 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Sorry @Meacon I know you hate nothing more than an Eagles win, but I was certainly thrilled and cheering BDN Foles on the whole way.

That being said, I don't see how we don't get smokes by Brees and the Saints in the Dome next week. Just so long as the Cowboys lose too. Despite what some of you say, modern day Cowboys fans are worse and more entitled than Philly fans. Except @Maxx of course

Excuse me? For one thing, Philadelphia sports fans in general have the worst reputation in sports, and more than deserve it.

Entitled? Oh, hell no. I'd love to see the team make it to the Super Bowl, let alone win it, but I don't feel like they (or I) are entitled to anything. So forget that entitlement crap.

I'm predicting the Saints in the Super Bowl, anyway. If the Cowboys get past the Rams (unlikely), they're definitely not getting past the Saints. The only way the Cowboys even have a chance is if they play the Eagles to determine who goes. And even then I'd expect a fairly close game.

The Cowboys will not be winning a Super Bowl, let alone making it one, with Jason Garrett as their head coach. 

Philadelphia fans aren't nearly as bad as the Patriots fans, who are only second to Alabama fans, when it comes to being entitled. Believe me, having to deal with Heidi's friends and family when I've been up north, I know how bad the Pats fans are. And it makes me sick.

Though no one beats Philadelphia fans when it comes to poor sportsmanship and being sore winners and losers. Look at some of their antics last year after they won the Super Bowl. That's why I never support any of their sports teams unless they're up against a team I really hate. I was actually for the Patriots in the last Super Bowl, and that was the only time I've been for the Patriots since XXXI, which they also lost. 

Oh, and one thing that pisses me off? I can't even talk about being a Cowboys fan at certain places without automatically being bashed for it. At another board, all I said was that I'd love to see them win another Super Bowl, and I got jumped on by a Minnesota Vikings fan who was butthurt because his team has never won one. And I couldn't go off on him like I really wanted to, because he's a moderator. (And I've said several times, including before that incident, that I'd be pulling for the Vikings if they ever make it back to the Super Bowl. Lions, too. Browns, though? Depends on who they're playing. If its the Cowboys, Lions or Bears, nope. Browns take priority over the Vikings, though.)  I've also got to deal with friends occasionally posting anti-Cowboys memes on Facebook, but I take those in stride because the friends are Giants fans, and it makes them look petty.

However, if anyones bashes Jerry Jones, you might find me joining you. He's the real reason the team hasn't won shit since the `90's. But I think the Colts and Redskins owners are scumbags. Jerry is just incompetent.

Honestly I went into the Dallas game expecting Dallas to pull a miracle out somewhere. I didnt know where it what but I just had the feeling of a win.

To get revenge over the bad kick years ago makes it even sweeter with a bad kick of their own. 

As far as Philly goes if it wasnt for living in Eagles territory, I'd probably be more receptive of alot of the fans off this board as I wouldnt see the worst of the worst. But I see what gives the Eaglea fans bad names even if it is a minority and it is just horrible.

As far as your comment to modern day Dallas fans Szumi, I got two things on that. 1) Fuck you for only saying Maxx :P . 2) I understand what you mean as I am in a few groups and it tires me yearly with the Super Bowl talk when it isnt deserved. Even this year with how much has improved I dont say it unless we get past the Rams, as I cant say something that looks highly improbable currently to get to. Too many fools in the fanbase make it hard at times

Just about everything you said goes for me, too, except the `fuck you' part. That's a bit harsh......

Forgot to mention: I also shut down one hater because the reason he hated the Cowboys was the whole `America's Team' thing. I pointed out that it was NFL Films, not the Cowboys themselves, who slapped that monicker on them, and that Tom Landry hated it because he knew it would put a target on them.

You want to hate a team because they're called `America's Team'? Then feel more than free to hate the Atlanta Braves. A Sports Illustrated cover named them that, and they fully embraced it. Used to have to deal with commercials calling themselves `America's Team' on TBS back in the day, plus their announcers using the phrase during games, and I still hear them called that every once in a while. Fuck the Braves and their stupid ass, racist chant and tomahawk chop.

Edited by GhostMachine

Oh, if its a rematch of the previous Super Bowl, I'll only be watching because I have to. Heidi and Riley will be watching because he's an Eagles fan *spit* and she watches if the Patriots are in it, because the rest of her family are Patriots fans. The Christmas picture they made for 2018, they're all wearing Patriots gear. Why that and not actual Christmas outfits, I have no clue.

(Heidi claims not to be a sports fan, but if I put it on football, she seems to get into it pretty quick. When Josh Dobbs threw that game winning Hail Mary in the middle of several Georgia players a couple years ago, she screamed louder than I did. And when Derrick Henry broke off that 99 yard TD run this season, she actually said `DAMN!' in a way that Ron Simmons would have been proud of. Baseball she only pays attention to if its the World Series, though.)

Edited by GhostMachine

@GhostMachine that's why used the :P to ddenote joking around and not be harsh, but you apparently didnt see it that way.

but yeah I got a few Philly fans wanting to get a rematch of 09 and try to get a third game and not lose it to us. It's interesting workig with a majority of Eagles fans especially in a sports building

If its Pats/Eagles again, I'll do the same thing I did last year, and the previous time it was that match up, and not watch it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Fuck man, I barely want to see the Cowboys in the Super Bowl if it means they're playing the Pats.

I'd like to see how Zeke does against the Pats' defense, but that's about it. Even if they hadn't just lost a WR to injury, I don't think I'd want to see Cowboys-Patriots.

One thing I constantly say is, I won't consider the Patiots a great team no matter how many Super Bowls they go to or win, until they stop winning or losing close games and actually blow someone out. Dallas-New England could very well be that blowout. Especially the way Dallas played against Tampa Bay....

The Patriots also have the added advantage of being the only consistently good team in a crappy division. They benefit from not being the same division as the Ravens (who fluctuate) and Steelers.

Edited by GhostMachine

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

:huh: What do those brave words have to do with anything outside of the Seattle game?  I laughed at Seattle's terrible kick and commented that humiliation being revenge for Romo's botched hold against Seattle.  

I spent that game assuming the Cowboys would lose, it ended up being a win that was gifted to us.  I have zero confidence going forward and assume they will getting wrecked by the Rams.

To be honest, I thought the Eagles were going to lose, so I was just taking the opening to talk a little shit. Dallas should have a shot, they're defense is good enough to win, though I'm not sure they can keep up with the Rams if it turns into a shoot-out. Their best chance is to control clock, use Zeke, and hope the defense plays like they did on Thanksgiving against New Orleans. Definitely doable.

I think the AFC comes down to whoever wins between the Pats and the Chargers.

Hahahahahaha I couldn't remember who all here is a Cowboys fan, sorry gents!

I live in PA but I'm three hours away from Philly so I'm very much removed from the Philly atmosphere, which may have something to do with my thoughts. Instead, I hear constant shit from Cowboys fans living in the past and acting like the team is still God's Gift to Football, despite having been such a non-factor in the playoffs for the last two decades. Most of the Philly fans I know where I'm at, at least until last year, had pretty much accepted that we were always going to find new ways to lose and never win the big one 😛

Now that we've won the Super Bowl, we mainly just worship Big Dick Nick 😛

Philly definitely has a lot of obnoxious fans, and some individuals that do dickhead stuff, but I'm probably so immune to it because I work with a lot of Philly juveniles who do so much worse shit that some of the stuff the Eagle fans do just has me going, "Philly gonna Philly". The whole city can be rather awful, not just fans!

• Like 1

Hatred aside and speaking as a fan of the sport...

The Eagles have said Wentz will be the starter next season. If Foles actually manages to win the Super Bowl or even lose a close one (and I don't think the Eagles will be going; I'm predicting Saints or Rams), I don't see how they can justify that. Foles will probably be the highest paid backup in the league next season, but he actually gets the job done. 

I can like a player even though i hate their team. I like Nick Foles, Gronk and Clay Matthews III are two of my favorite players even though I can't stand the Eagles, Patriots or Packers.

Hell, i can even hate players on my own team. I was never thrilled with the Randy Gregory signing, and Jones has signed a few too many players with...less than stellar reputations.

(Exception is college sports. If I hate a particular college team, there's no way I can stand any of their players until they move on to the pros.)

Foles won't be an Eagle next year under any circumstances. The contract is for $20mil ($20.6mil cap hit) next year and has a void option for both parties. There's no way it's not voided

Best case for Philly is a franchise tag and trade him if someone is willing to take the $25mil cap hit. There's no way he's in Philly unless they go nuclear and trade Wentz.

• Like 1

If Foles wins the SuperBowl (again), I could entertain the Eagles trading Wentz. They could probably get quite a tidy collection of picks for him. 

11 minutes ago, Meacon said:

And there’s no way they trade Wentz. Remains to be seen, but they believe he’s more 2017 Wentz than 2018 Wentz moving forward.

2018 Wentz wasn't even bad, they just had no dynamic on offense since they were down to like their 5th RB. 

32 minutes ago, DFF said:

If Foles wins the SuperBowl (again), I could entertain the Eagles trading Wentz. They could probably get quite a tidy collection of picks for him. 

It wouldn’t happen. I’m telling you, as someone who would love to see Wentz leave town, they are absolutely not going to pick Nick Foles over Carson Wentz. Foles could descend from the Heavens and say “That’s right. I’m Jesus, bitch.” And he still won’t be here over Wentz.

30 minutes ago, livid said:

2018 Wentz wasn't even bad, they just had no dynamic on offense since they were down to like their 5th RB. 

Plus let's not forget that they had the whole factor of Wentz wasnt himself in terms of trusting players and used Ertz as a major security blanket even if successful

Trading Wentz isn't as crazy as people are making it out to be though.

If they win two Super Bowls with Foles then it's going to be a lot of pressure to let him walk. Wentz only has two more years of being cheap, has durability issues and is only just under 4 years younger than Foles. You're also talking what? The Khalil Mack deal as the starting point of negotiations. They'd get 3 first round picks for him I reckon.

It's highly unlikely but if they win another Super Bowl it's not as insane as if you think about it