NFL 2018

Lineker

12 hours ago, Lineker said:

The annual Uni Watch NFL preview is out. So glad that San Francisco have ditched the awful all-black uni's!

I do not like the Titans' new uniforms. For some reason, their new helmets remind me of the CFL's Toronto Argonauts, and a lot of people (me included) were hoping they'd get the flaming bowling ball (or thumbtack) off it and put the sword logo on. The road and alternate jerseys look nice, and I really like the new design for the numbers. But the home jersey is meh, and the pants are awful.

I don't blame them for being upset at all. They've been there every day during training camp and preseason, while he's been off doing his thing. They know he will eventually get a massive contract, more then any of them will probably make in their careers, and at the end of the season, everybody will be talking about Bell, but hardly anybody will be talking about his line, besides a few passing mentions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livid said:

I get that some of them would be pissed but it's really stupid that their NFLPA rep Ramon Foster is one of the guys saying shit. 

It's a difference between being pissed and running straight to the cameras for an airing of grievances. Foster should be basically blacklisted from the union after this, but he won't.

Obviously all the work you put in you're upset a guy won't show up and help you win, but you address him directly instead of trying to act like you're all martyrs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

I don't blame them for being upset at all. They've been there every day during training camp and preseason, while he's been off doing his thing. They know he will eventually get a massive contract, more then any of them will probably make in their careers, and at the end of the season, everybody will be talking about Bell, but hardly anybody will be talking about his line, besides a few passing mentions.

There is absolutely no reason why Mason Foster should be saying the things he did publicly. Other players saying that is stupid but I will concede to understanding where they are coming from. Foster, however, represents the collective body of the players and to undermine one of the league's very best players' efforts to gain the most amount of money possible in a league that already does not guarantee contracts, is insane.

People always question why players hold out instead of having franchise tags, rookie scale contracts and non-guaranteed salaries thrown out when they negotiate CBAs but it is clear that player reps like Foster are the reason why. I get being frustrated but he has an obligation to the rest of the players union to advocate on behalf of Bell so that the entire league is in a better place the next time the CBA is negotiated. 

Just now, Busch Luck Fale said:

Falcons just got flagged 15 yards for Grady Jarrett landing on Nick Foles.  Apparently once you tackle a QB, you can't land on him with your body weight.

They literally expect defenders to defy the laws of physics at this point.

Yeah, I just shook my head at that call. What a joke.

Remember when this Falcons offense was a fucking buzzsaw?  Really shame they lost all their skill players oh wait they’re all still here and Steve Sarkasian is a goddamn plague.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Falcons just got flagged 15 yards for Grady Jarrett landing on Nick Foles.  Apparently once you tackle a QB, you can't land on him with your body weight.

They literally expect defenders to defy the laws of physics at this point.

I've been saying for years that the way they protect QBs, they should just rule that the QB just has to be touched, not tackled.