NFL 2018

Lineker

6 minutes ago, MDK said:

You can't Spear people and you can't go head hight, right?

Basically, yes. But with how fast the game is played and referees not always having the correct angle to view tackles, a lot of good, textbook tackles get called as bad tackles. 

Ramsey said pretty much exactly what I said about Allen and Paxton Lynch. Coming from a small school is fine but you better be able to play well against top tier competition in college or you aren’t gonna cut it in the pros. My sister could throw touchdowns against Wyoming’s schedule.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Yeah, like, Carson Wentz was an FCS QB but he also won a ton at NDSU. Josh Allen played slightly better competition but didn't play well against them. I never knew what people saw in him besides a big arm.

I think I said it a dozen times during the few years since we drafted Paxton Lynch, but you could see him at Memphis when he played a decent defense (Temple, not even an Alabama or Georgia, but Temple), he completely froze up, did not know how to properly read the defense, and shat the bed.

On one hand, I get the whole "Look at me for changes" that head coaches and offensive coordinators do in college nowadays, but that takes so much development away from quarterbacks. Paxton Lynch probably understands defenses as well as Myke does. :lol: 

Josh Allen threw 56.2% completion in the Mountain West Conference. If that's not the reddest of red flags then I don't know what is.

The Carson Wentz comparisons stop when people realise he was really fucking good at North Dakota at least. 

I watched a couple Wyoming games after the draft, just to see what we were getting. Josh was by far the most talented guy on that team. His receivers couldn't catch a cold, and his line was laughable. He'd be chased out of the pocket on damn near every play, throw to a wide open receiver and have the guy let it hit him in the face. Kinda hard to have a high completion percentage in that environment.

How about we let the preseason play out before he we label him a bust?

I'm not labeling him a bust at all but he was definitely a reach. It's the NFL's fetishisation of these big guys with huge arms that causes it and it's not his fault but if he's thrown in at the deep end, he's gonna have to learn fast. NFL corners close windows at crazy speed.

Isn't 6'5 almost too tall for an NFL QB anyway? Has anybody over 6'4 had huge success. I'd imagine the release point on this big lads would be too high. I know it's one of Osweilier's many struggles. Like Aaron Rodgers is 6'2 and everybody knows that height isn't a problem for Brees or Russ.

46 minutes ago, munky said:

I watched a couple Wyoming games after the draft, just to see what we were getting. Josh was by far the most talented guy on that team. His receivers couldn't catch a cold, and his line was laughable. He'd be chased out of the pocket on damn near every play, throw to a wide open receiver and have the guy let it hit him in the face. Kinda hard to have a high completion percentage in that environment.

How about we let the preseason play out before he we label him a bust?

I won't argue he wasn't the most talented guy on the team, but excuses are excuses. You know who else had mid-major talent around him? Ben Roethlisberger. But he completed nearly 70% his last year in college. Hell, Flacco (another Ramsey target) completed 62% of his passes at Delaware. You think he didn't play behind a less talented team in FCS level? The guy played at a (small, but still) D-1 program and they still went 8-5 and didn't win their conference. But if you believe he's going to be the guy to win you the AFC East and beyond, more power to you, but homie reeks of a kid who played well against the same weaker talent he was saddled with, and performing like a deer in headlights against the same guys he's going up against in the NFL. 

I don't believe anything about him yet. He hasn't done anything yet, one way or the other.

I'm not trying to sound hostile, but I've been reading these same "takes" from people with only surface level understanding (ie: r/nfl) of the situation for months. It's beginning to get stale.

• Like 1