NFL 2018

Lineker

9 hours ago, Meacxico said:

But he's 6'5", TCO! 6'5"!

8 hours ago, TCO said:

I'm not labeling him a bust at all but he was definitely a reach. It's the NFL's fetishisation of these big guys with huge arms that causes it and it's not his fault but if he's thrown in at the deep end, he's gonna have to learn fast. NFL corners close windows at crazy speed.

Isn't 6'5 almost too tall for an NFL QB anyway? Has anybody over 6'4 had huge success. I'd imagine the release point on this big lads would be too high. I know it's one of Osweilier's many struggles. Like Aaron Rodgers is 6'2 and everybody knows that height isn't a problem for Brees or Russ.

Brock Osweiler threw a 100-yard pick six against Boise State in his final college game (56-24 victory for Kellen Moore btw). Did they really think he was going to magically learn to throw a football just because he was standing kind of near John Elway?!

The old saying in football and basketball held true with Osweiler and Lynch and maybe now we'll see it in Allen: Little guys have to prove they can play in the league. Big guys have to prove that they can't.

• Like 1

And the door is open for Josh Allen. He moved the offense pretty well last night. Still made a few rookie mistakes, but you can see why McBeane were so high on him.

I don't think McCarron was going to be the starter anyway, but it still sucks for him.

Yeah the thing with signing Dez is I don't think he understands his own value. He didn't sign with Baltimore because a 3-year deal wasn't to his liking, he wants 1 year to "bet on himself". But nobody wants to sign a veteran who plans to do that, they want the reduced cap hit a multi-year deal affords. Cleveland was a great fit because they have the money to spend, but that might be off the table since they can just play Gordon how they'd have played Dez.