Sign in to follow this  
Lineklaus

NFL 2018

On 25/08/2018 at 16:22, Meacxico said:

Yes; could be their next Randy Moss 20-touchdowns in one year guy.

Having just taken him for the hell of it to fill my last bench spot in the second to last round of my fantasy draft...I’d kinda be okay with this.

On 25/08/2018 at 14:42, Lowerdeck said:

If you were Bill Belichick, would you go get Dez Bryant?  Either way, why?

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Eric Decker has announced his retirement. 

OBJ got paid. $65m guaranteed.

Makes OBJ the highest paid WR in NFL history.  Unsurprisingly, I’m seeing tons of comments about how he got way too much given his injury history, but meh.  Every year somebody signs a deal that makes them the highest paid ever at their position.

29 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Maybe he'll be motivated to perform for me in Fantasy now! 

No thats not how that works.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Makes OBJ the highest paid WR in NFL history.  Unsurprisingly, I’m seeing tons of comments about how he got way too much given his injury history, but meh.  Every year somebody signs a deal that makes them the highest paid ever at their position.

This is going to make Julio Jones's new deal very interesting.  He'll want OBJ money plus more, but I still see that playing out more like Dez Bryant and less like OBJ.

Concerning Decker:  the poor guy has suffered quite a few concussions, so it seems like a good time to get out while he still seems to have his short-term health.

I feel like OBJ's "injury history" is a bit overstated. He had the hamstring issue in his rookie year that by all accounts he ended up playing through and then he had the ankle issue last year. Hardly enough to justify the "injury prone" tag. 

Beckham isn't injury prone at all. Apart from the initial injury before his debut, his only one was a broken ankle last year. Broken bones from impact injuries can happen to anyone.

He's a top 3 receiver at worst and he's only 25. Julio is 29 and AB is 30. Odell was always going to get the highest ever WR contract and he deserves every penny.

Saints have given them a 3rd round pick. Good business for the Saints I think (and the pick is good for the Jets) though I do wonder why you would trade your most talented QB... 

(Yes, Darnold is good. He might become better. But Teddy is head and shoulders better now). 

2 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Bridgewater now installed as the heir apparent in New Orleans. Not a bad spot to wind up.

Keenum has looked fine so far, but I stand by the fact that I wanted Bridgewater over him during the off-season. As long as he doesn't get hurt, he can be a good'un. 

Raiders want two first rounders for Khalil Mack, I can't believe they are even considering trading him.

I'm not sure they are actually considering it, or if they just wanted to put that rumor out there to try to tempt him to come back.  As it is he's almost certainly going to miss regular season games. It's tough to imagine his agent green lighting him into potentially losing an entire year's worth of pay, so I'd think the Raiders are banking on him pulling an Aaron Donald and reporting to the team at the last possible moment before the season starts.

Remarkable that a team can spend nine figures on a head coach who hasn't run a team since the Bush administration, but they can't pay one of the best defensive players in the league.

• Like 1

PHILADELPHIA -- An arbitrator is sending Colin Kaepernick's grievance with the NFL to trial, denying the league's request to throw out the quarterback's claims that owners conspired to keep him out of the league because of his protests of social injustice.

Kaepernick's lawyer Mark Geragos tweeted a picture Thursday of a ruling by arbitrator Stephen B. Burbank. The NFL declined a request for comment.

Kaepernick, who led the San Francisco 49ers to a Super Bowl appearance and NFC championship game in consecutive seasons, argues that owners have colluded to keep him off any NFL roster since he hit free agency in 2017.

Burbank's decision means there was sufficient evidence of collusion to keep Kaepernick's drive going.

Now some owners, coaches and team executives will be called to testify during the season, a situation the league hoped to avoid.

Kaepernick began a wave of protests by NFL players two seasons ago, kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality. The protests have grown into one of the most polarizing issues in sports, with President Donald Trump loudly urging the league to suspend or fire players who demonstrate during the anthem.

Kaepernick contends the owners violated their collective bargaining agreement with players by conspiring to keep him off teams.

The case hinges on whether owners worked together rather than decided individually to not sign Kaepernick.

A similar grievance is still pending by unsigned safety Eric Reid, who played with Kaepernick in San Francisco and joined in the protests.

Meanwhile, the league and players union still haven't resolved whether players will be punished this season if they choose to kneel or demonstrate during the national anthem.

Owners approved a policy requiring players to stand if they are on the sideline during the national anthem, allowing them to stay off the field if they wish.

But the league and union put that on hold after the Miami Dolphins faced backlash for classifying the protests as conduct potentially detrimental to the team -- putting players at risk of fines or suspensions.

Meanwhile, the NFL and NFLPA have been encouraged by their ongoing discussions on the league's national anthem policy, and while there is optimism a resolution can be reached, one is not expected by the start of the regular season, sources told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

• Like 1

Aaron Donald got paid. Six year deal, $87m guaranteed. 

• Like 1

If anybody can manage them it's probably Wade Phillips but the amount of personality on defense makes me slightly skeptical. But that could also be a bit of wishful thinking so the Niners can take over the division!