NFL 2018

Lineker

They're saying there's a good chance Alex Smith may not be done, but it isn't for sure. He broke both his fibia and tibia, but didn't suffer any ligament damage. It's a six to eighth month timetable for recovery.

I hope he recovers and plays again. Nasty injury no one should suffer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

He will probably play again but at that same level? Unlikely.

I dont know, a lot of what makes Smith so good is his ability to manage a game. He doesn't throw deep often, and while he can run, it's not a big part of his game. If he heals up correctly, he will still be the same player as before.

• Like 1

Marvin Jones of the Lions (and former Bengal) on IR also. 

We start with Tate, Jones, and Golladay and now have only Golladay. Oh well, this season has been a train wreck with some odd wins over good teams. We have way more holes than I thought. A few people to build around but a lot of help is needed.

On 25/11/2018 at 09:39, Lineker said:

The San Francisco 49ers announced Sunday morning that they will release linebacker Reuben Foster, who was arrested Saturday night at the team hotel in Tampa, Florida, on charges of domestic violence.

And here comes Scumbag Dan Snyder!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, LL. said:

Domestic Abuse is only bad when it involves your opponents. Duh.

Been accused of beating 1 or 2 women?  Washington will hire you!  Kneel during the anthem?  "We don't want the media circus"

4 hours ago, Lint said:

Been accused of beating 1 or 2 women?  Washington will hire you!  Kneel during the anthem?  "We don't want the media circus"

Yeah but she’s crazy and has a history of false allegations for money. Besides, it was just a slap during a heated argument, hardly a reason to rake the guy through the coals. I mean, who doesn’t resort to violence during arguments with their significant other? 

In all seriousness....there was a guy on a Lions forum basically making that argument (without the part about who doesn’t hit their partner, that was exaggerated). 

Its funny how Kapernick kneeling is possibly going to cause me to stop watching the NFL but for entirely different reasons than the racist uncles of the world. 

Foster's case is just as flimsy as the one against Ezekiel Elliott. But if Foster doesn't get at least a 4 game suspension, I'm going to be pissed.

I think Trump is going after the NFL because he's still mad over the USFL, and he's using the kneeling bull as an excuse.

42 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Foster's case is just as flimsy as the one against Ezekiel Elliott. But if Foster doesn't get at least a 4 game suspension, I'm going to be pissed.

I think Trump is going after the NFL because he's still mad over the USFL, and he's using the kneeling bull as an excuse.

The difference between Foster and Elliot is that Foster has a history of just absolutely terrible judgement even IF you believe this is all fake (and I don't). He had a marijuana arrest in Alabama and gun problems in the Bay. The 49ers even admitted as much when they said they no longer trust his judgement.

Elliot doesn't have that history, and seems to have learned from the situation, Foster has shown an inability to learn his lesson.

• Like 1