NFL 2018

Lineker

As of now they still have a slim chance at the playoffs.  McCarthy isn't going to get it done

They probably also wanted to give Joe Philbin a look.  He wasn’t atrocious in Miami, kept them around .500 which given the personnel they had and being in a division with the Pats was probably about what could’ve been expected.

If the Packers have a strong finish I can easily see Philbin sticking around.

16 minutes ago, TheEndAll said:

About time. They've wasted enough of Rodgers career.

This. They've given McCarthy tons of time. Get him out now and at least see how things play out the rest of the year. 

Who was the douche-weasel that said they'd rather have McCarthy over Rodgers? It sounds like a Skip Bayless thing, but I want to say it was the moron that is Stephen A. Smith. 

Skip Bayless I think says dumb things at times just to get a reaction out of people and doesn't truly believe half of it. Stephen A. Smith, however, is a garden variety idiot with a severe hard on for Rodgers. After all, "He's a baaaad man!"

As much as I like Max Kellerman (used to watch his old show I, MAX), FIRST TAKE turned into a bigger pile of crap when Skip bolted.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Meacon said:

This. They've given McCarthy tons of time. Get him out now and at least see how things play out the rest of the year. 

Who was the douche-weasel that said they'd rather have McCarthy over Rodgers? It sounds like a Skip Bayless thing, but I want to say it was the moron that is Stephen A. Smith. 

9 hours ago, Lineker said:

It usually is Stephen A. Smith. 

Not on Rodgers. Rodgers is one of Stephen A's guys. The whole "he's a baaaaaad maaaaaan" being droned on about is one of his schticks.

16 hours ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

The Steelers managed to be offsides on three straight FG attempts to end the game.

That was 100% deliberate. Keep shaking the kicker and trying to jump the snap count until you block it legitimately or he misses. Clever if not completely fucking unethical.

See two instances below

Ravens intentionally hold on a punt to let the clock expire and take a safe deliberate safety. Bengals now have to decline the penalty and have no time to field the punt and run a play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baCeMpAZIgI

Similarly, the 49ers hold everyone deliberately forcing Brees to get rid of the ball. Yes it's a penalty but now the Saints have enough time to only run one more play before half time, forcing them to kick a field goal

It's all shady as fuck but the intricacies in the NFL rules allow for some underhanded stuff to gain an advantage!

5 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Not surprising considering the shit storm it would kick up and we have no idea how long he'll be suspended for.

• Like 1