Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

NFL 2018

Arizona has fired Steve Wilks and Denver has let go of Vance Joseph.

Mayock as a GM is interesting 

Marvin Lewis and Adam Case are gone.

You’d rather have Del Rio than Arians? That’s bonkers.

2 minutes ago, Meacon said:

You’d rather have Del Rio than Arians? That’s bonkers.

'Something something 12-4 in Oakland, something something Jaguars.'

Arians says he's only coming out of retirement if its to coach the Browns.  Which I hope happens, that would be super fun.  I don't know that Tampa Bay is an attractive destination outside.  Mike Evans is great but their QB situation is a mess and its entirely possible whoever they hire will end up saddled with Jameis for the next few years.  

Something something ***health issues*** something something 

Just now, Maxx said:

Arians says he's only coming out of retirement if its to coach the Browns.  Which I hope happens, that would be super fun.

Ian Rapport just reported that he just spoke to Bruce Arians, and he said he would listen to the Bucs because he worked with Jason Licht in Arizona 

The Browns would be smart to hire Arians.  I really enjoyed their story this year but if they hire Josh McDaniels, who has zero business being hired as a head coach again after pulling that stunt on the Colts, I hope they go back to irrelevance.

• Like 1

Marvin Lewis is available.

1 minute ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

The Browns would be smart to hire Arians.  I really enjoyed their story this year but if they hire Josh McDaniels, who has zero business being hired as a head coach again after pulling that stunt on the Colts, I hope they go back to irrelevance.

I know 'Bountygate' was a thing, but Gregg William's earned that job. Arians is better, but Williams did a fantastic job.

• Like 2

I’d love Arians in Denver, but I completely understand if he wants to stay way far away.

Happy that Joseph is gone. Want Elway to go next. Sometimes the legend just isn't cut out for his post-playing career. See: Jordan, Michael.

• Like 1

Ehhh Jordan's career is an owner.  Getting to that point from being a player is an incredible success.   Gretzky, Wayne is a better example.

8 minutes ago, Plubby said:

Happy that Joseph is gone. Want Elway to go next. Sometimes the legend just isn't cut out for his post-playing career. See: Jordan, Michael.

I’m willing to give Elway one more chance to hire a Kubiak. If it’s another Fox/Joseph then I’m with you.

11 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I’m willing to give Elway one more chance to hire a Kubiak. If it’s another Fox/Joseph then I’m with you.

You already have Klint!

You want Klay and Klein too?  You want the whole KKK in Denver, is that it?

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

You already have Klint!

You’ve painted me in a poor light for the last time! You’ve now created a new enemy.

11 minutes ago, Maxx said:

You already have Klint!

I wouldn't put it past 'em.

Marvin Lewis ends his 16 year tenure with the Bengals with a career record of 131-129-3, including 0-7 in the postseason. He holds the record for most regular season wins without a playoff victory. He won 4 divisional titles. His 7 playoff appearances were all in the wildcard. 

22 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Ehhh Jordan's career is an owner.  Getting to that point from being a player is an incredible success.   Gretzky, Wayne is a better example.

Sure, it's indicative of overwhelming success but my point was that he was bad at that job.

4 minutes ago, Plubby said:

Sure, it's indicative of overwhelming success but my point was that he was bad at that job.

Sir, he is still bad at the job.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Gretzky is an interesting discussion we should probably have elsewhere. See posts, others.

29 minutes ago, SeanDMan said:

Gretzky is an interesting discussion we should probably have elsewhere. See posts, others.

He gave us Paulina. So I’m forever thankful.

2 hours ago, Lint said:

Marvin Lewis ends his 16 year tenure with the Bengals with a career record of 131-129-3, including 0-7 in the postseason. He holds the record for most regular season wins without a playoff victory. He won 4 divisional titles. His 7 playoff appearances were all in the wildcard. 

So he's the second best coach in Bengals' history that doesn't have a NFL franchise named after him? (Sam Wyche is #1).

2 minutes ago, Sticks Sticksly said:

The Browns not retaining Williams would be the Brownsiest thing.

Might not be popular, but Bountygate was blown out of proportion. That kind of shit happens everywhere, and, at the end of the day the real reward for big hits is playing time and you can't fine that, so whatever. He earned thr Cleveland job, he's the perfect coach for that division, imo.

• Like 2