NFL 2018

Lineker

9 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I actually picked the Raiders to win this game. I'll be surprised if Vance Joseph isn't fired within the next 24 hours.

The only reason he won't be fired in the next couple days is because its week 17 anyway.

He won't make it past next Monday or Tuesday.

Justin Herbert has announced that he will return to Oregon for his senior season.

Well, the Giants weren't going to be in a spot to get him anyway.  But I thought Haskins was a realistic fallback who will now probably go in the top 3 because there is always going to be a team that will jump at the top QB even if they have to pay a premium to move up.

7 hours ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

It’s the right call.  There is nothing for Brees to play for.  He wouldn’t have won MVP even if he played as Mahomes is blowing him away stats wise.

Brees has a better QB rating with one or two viable receivers only. Mahomes may win it, but I don't think it is definitely his.

Voters look at the stats first and foremost.  Brees will finish the year with 32 TDs and slightly under 4,000 yards.  Mahomes will likely have 50 TD and 5,000 yards.  But if Mahomes didn't put up crazy numbers, the Chiefs would've lost a hell of a lot more games because their defense is horrendous.

It might not be unanimous, but I'll be truly stunned if Mahomes doesn't win it.