NFL 2018

Lineker

Mahomes deserves it and it's not close in my eyes. Brees will get the legacy votes though and it'll be close. 

Brees should have definitely won MVP in 2008 though. He also would have won in 2011 if Aaron Rodgers didn't ascend into a god that year with a 122.5 QBR and with 46 TDs and only 6 INTs!

29 minutes ago, DMN said:

Couple of teams looking like they've given up this morning. Green Bay, Jets, I won't count the Saints, but...

Hopefully Oakland shows the desire and effort they did last week, I'll feel a lot better about next year.

Won't winning effect your draft pick at this point? Or are you guys already locked in?

4 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Won't winning effect your draft pick at this point? Or are you guys already locked in?

It's the NFL, not the NBA, so one player, unless it's a QB (which we don't need, Derek Carr has played fine the second half of the season) won't change your future, so I don't really agree with the tanking. I'd rather beat the Chiefs.

Edit: I don't like tanking in the NBA, either,  ut at least it's a viable strategy.

Do the Giants know you're allowed to cover Blake Jarwin?

Edited by DMN

6 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I agree tanking sucks. In our bad years I always rooted for us to win no matter what.

It doesn't even really work in the NFL, imo. How long were Cleveland, Jacksonville, Oakland, picking near or at the top of the draft for years, and it never made any difference.

Winning in the NFL is about coaching and organizational culture more than talent, in my opinion. 

Edited by DMN

16 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I don't understand why Dallas fought so hard for this one but good for them I guess

Being good all of a sudden means you get Joe Buck calling your games :( 

Ok, so, if the Bears were in the Cowboys place and the Packers were the Giants, you wouldn't want them to try to win it? I get injuries and stuff, but I've always been on the side of it being better to play.

Saquon Barkley is the obvious ROTY, be interesting to see them try and spin it for Mayfield.

Oh, and Fly Eagles. Want NICK FOLES in the playoffs.

Rams wearing the blue and yellow throwbacks in the Coliseum too. It feels like middle school.

Edited by DMN