Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

NFL 2018

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

IIz.gif

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 4

They best hope they don't need him to do anything other than hold kicks.

The Cowboys have fired Scott Linehan. 

• Like 3

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Good luck finding a replacement. People that run the same batch of boring plays like a five year old playing Madden don't grow on trees, ya know. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A 5 year old playing Madden is a fucking offensive pioneer compared to Linehan.

Lets also not forget that it was Linehan who was the driving force behind going into the season without a clear #1 receiver, despite the scheme he fucking devised relying almost entirely on having a #1 receiver.

Scott Linehan is such a classic "what the hell has he ever actually done?" guy. Never really had a great offense at any stop, terrible head coach with the Rams. He must interview well.

Murray won't drop to #29. The hype will be too much for him to slip that far.

I'm terrified of the Giants taking him but it increase the chances of getting Haskins without trading up so I don't know how to feel!

Some people here are not happy about Blevins as our OC. Mostly because “you hired a run heavy OC but you’re paying Stafford 125 million and he’ll be a game manager and wakka wakka wakka”. 

I didn’t mind the hire. Everybody thinks we should be adapting to the current pass happy offenses of the NFL. That would same old Lions, we jump on a trend too late and do it wrong. 

I don’t know that Patricia is the right coach, or if the OC hire will work, but I do like the emphasis on running. I still would build my team as a control the clock run team with a stout defense. Of course that doesn’t mean you should have a conservative pass game. 

Anyway, I was posting because some Detroit sports media types have suggested the Lions draft Murray at 8 and sign Kareem Hunt. I don’t want Hunt but I would add another running back. I actually like the general idea overall. I don’t know anything about Murray other than him being a Russell Wilson clone. I really like Wilsons game, think he’s a great QB. 

If the Lions were to really make some good moves in FA with the defense I wouldn’t mind seeing a bold move at QB. It could be an Andre Ware move on the other hand. I doubt we go that route but I have a suspicion that we might be drafting a QB on day 2.

Edit - Wow, I didn’t even get the guys name right. His name is Bevell. lol

The only similarities that I can think of between Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson is that they're both under six feet tall. NFL "analysts" on ESPN are going to say they're similar for that very reason. Kyler Murray has a Manziel-esque ability to escape the rush, but an accurate and strong arm, and a good head on his shoulders. I'd much rather Denver take him at #10 than Dwayne Haskins. Murray could take the league by storm just like Mayfield has started to do. 

I was like wtf, Ninja got the gig?!

Kellen Moore's name is in the mix as the next OC of the Cowboys, according to Ian Rapoport.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Meacon said:

The only similarities that I can think of between Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson is that they're both under six feet tall. NFL "analysts" on ESPN are going to say they're similar for that very reason. Kyler Murray has a Manziel-esque ability to escape the rush, but an accurate and strong arm, and a good head on his shoulders. I'd much rather Denver take him at #10 than Dwayne Haskins. Murray could take the league by storm just like Mayfield has started to do. 

I'm in the group that isn't really concerned about his height, that can be mitigated in any number of ways and most teams run spread concepts already so it's not a huge deal, but his frame is. No, the quarterback doesn't take the same type, or amount, of hits that they used to, but 180lbs is rail thin in the NFL, and I'm not sure he can get up into the 220 pound range like Wilson. I agree they aren't that similar as players, Murray is more of a Doug Flutie type of player, but with modern physical abilities. Or a pocket sized Steve Young.

EDIT: Thinking more about it, I think Flutie is a better comp for Wilson and Young is a better comp for Murray. Steve Young had the best combination of arm talent and running ability I've seen, and actually ran, while Wilson (before this year) and Flutie are/were more 'scramble to throw' types. 

Edited by DMN

The noise inside the Superdome is ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, Lineker said:

The noise inside the Superdome is ridiculous. 

Yep. Loud even whilst watching at home.

This game, tho.

My mom is a Saints fan, but I'm kinda bandwagoning LA, so...

• Like 1

Wowwwwwwwwww I hate the amount of flags in today's game as much as anybody but how was that not a penalty?

That's going to be a huge story tomorrow if the Rams manage to score here.

2 minutes ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

Wowwwwwwwwww I hate the amount of flags in today's game as much as anybody but how was that not a penalty?

That's going to be a huge story tomorrow if the Rams manage to score here.

I said the same thing. You cut a fart near a receiver and it’s interference but that’s not? I get letting them play, but that was a literal tackle before the ball even got there. If that’s not interference nothing is.

15 minutes ago, DMN said:

My mom is a Saints fan, but I'm kinda bandwagoning LA, so...

Also? LA sport fan bandwagon shocker. :lol:

• Like 1

I know the Saints still had a chance to stop the Rams, but it never should've come to that and it certainly shouldn't be going to overtime.

They may have lost a trip to the friggin Super Bowl over this.

Refs are costing the Saints the game.