NFL 2018

Lineker

15 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

The Giants have kept four QBs on their roster.  What the fuck!  I knew Eli, Davis Webb, and Kyle Lauletta would make it - but for some reason they've kept Alex Tanney as well.

There surely has to be a trade brewing because keeping four QBs is just asinine especially when they've gone light at a few positions.

I'm gonna guess right now that they're trying to trade Davis Webb.  After an abysmal first game, he looked solid in the second and third games and was held out of the fourth.  He wasn't drafted by this regime, so they're not tied to him like they are with Kyle Lauletta.  But they aren’t going to have a rookie be the lone backup, hence Tanney who is a journeyman nobody is trading for.

In any event I can't possibly imagine their Week 1 roster will actually have four QBs on it.

15 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Sounds as if Jerick McKinnon has suffered a bad knee injury during practice.

Cowboys have cut Dan Bailey.

What the fuck.

I have no idea why the Raiders didn't just pay him. You can't let players that good walk in their prime.

The chances those two first round picks are half as good as Mack is unlikely, nevermind be at his level. If you have the best player in any position, then you fucking pay him. Fantastic piece of business for the Bears.

I'm also going to see the Bears play the Jets when I'm on holidays in Chicago so I'm hyped for to see Mack now too! 😀

11 minutes ago, TCO said:

I have no idea why the Raiders didn't just pay him. You can't let players that good walk in their prime.

The chances those two first round picks are half as good as Mack is unlikely, nevermind be at his level. If you have the best player in any position, then you fucking pay him. Fantastic piece of business for the Bears.

I'm also going to see the Bears play the Jets when I'm on holidays in Chicago so I'm hyped for to see Mack now too! 😀

Even if they are great, Gruden might be there for 10 years so apparently you shouldn’t expect to hold onto them past their rookie deals

6 hours ago, TCO said:

Jon Gruden doesn't believe in paying "star players".  He's also now just told every Raiders player "I don't care how good you are, we won't pay you"

4 hours ago, Lint said:

Jon Gruden doesn't believe in paying "star players".  He's also now just told every Raiders player "I don't care how good you are, we won't pay you"

That'll go down a treat in free agency!😂

He better hope he knocks those picks out of the park and wins within that 4-5 year window.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

NOW Lynch has been cut.

Oh for fucks sake, at this point I don't know if I have a week one running back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, keeping 4 QBs signaled to me they were trying to move Webb.  But I assumed if they couldn’t, they’d cut Tanney.

I can’t say I understand their obsession with having a veteran backup QB.  The reality is if Eli goes down, the season is done anyway so you may as well look at a young QB, whether it’d have been Webb or Lauletta.

They watched him practice every day for the past month. They obviously think he sucks and you have to trust their opinion.

Head coaches/GMs still have to try and win even if the QB goes down. There's no job security in the NFL barring a select few.