NFL 2018

Lineker

Bucs CB Brent Grimes said he felt disrespected by the team all year because coaches wanted him to shadow the opponents best receiver. 

He said that his salary of 7 million a year was too low for being asked to be a shit down corner. He was asked to shadow Amtonio Brown in week 3, and he said after that, it soured him on the whole season.

He said he should be playing zone. He also said that he was always told he should try to drive a RB inside, so someone else could tackle them, and that the team wanted him to play the edge, and try to bring them down.

So, anyone in the market for an aging CB, who doesn't like shadowing the opponents best WR and doesn't like tackling RBs, not to mention a headcase for a wife, Brent Grimes is your guy.

4 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

When you said "not to mention" you probably should have actually gone with that notion

I mean, its widely known throughout the league. It's the reason the left Dolphins got rid of him. The owner admitted that Brent was let go because of his wife's antics. She went on an antisemitic twitter rant against the Dolphins owner. She got arrested for fighting cops at a Dolphins game. If you sign him, you have to deal with her, she likes it like that and makes no apologies. She never was an issue in Tampa, but it's part of his package.

Maybe instead of nutcase, I should have said controversial. 

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/87834531-132.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-miko-grimes-arrested-20150927-story,amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3688182/amp/NFL-player-s-wife-denies-anti-Semitic-sending-abusive-tweet-owner-husband-s-former-team.html

Edited by million$$man

I'm sure she is awful. Just feels off and a little pointless when you already outlined a perfectly reasonable reason nobody would want to sign him already. This is no where near as bad when someone here was talking about Kap not getting signed because of his wife or girlfriend or whatever but just felt unnecessary.

6 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I'm sure she is awful. Just feels off and a little pointless when you already outlined a perfectly reasonable reason nobody would want to sign him already. This is no where near as bad when someone here was talking about Kap not getting signed because of his wife or girlfriend or whatever but just felt unnecessary.

I got you, but the Dolphind owner, Stephen Ross came right out and admitted that her antics were the reason they cut her husband.

Like I said, shes been perfectly fine in Tampa. No issues. 

But, much like Lavar Ball, it is talked about on a pro/con list on whether to sign one of his sons. 

But, that is all I will say about it. Moving on to more important topics than an aging football players spouse.  ;)

Go Bucs!!!

Edited by million$$man

10 hours ago, livid said:

Peter King is cool! :facepalm:

Tyreek Hill is a dead horse, but it's kinda tone deaf to mention him while getting salty about Antonio Brown, imo.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

A running back winning an award over a quarterback?! Ha! What is this? 2003?!

Normally I'm on this train, but giving life to the Cleveland Browns is bigger than putting up historic numbers, even in NY. If the Giants had made the playoffs, maybe.

The way I look at it, Baker was more of an MVP than Saquon, in the fact he was more valuable to his organization.

You take Saquon away from the Giants, and they still have the same W-L record.

You take Baker away from Cleveland, and they dont have a drastically different record. 

Just off of value brought to the team, Baker wins hands down, for me. 

Giants would have a worse record but they’d still be terrible. Baker helped make a team with one win in two years a .500 team. I really don’t mind if Mayfield wins the OROY.

But at the same time, I think awards are stupid and could not give less of a crap about them. 99% of the time they’re popularity contests.

4 minutes ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

Boy that “na na na na” tailgate commercial is never going to get old.  Nope not at all.

I hate GMC already.

This game is turning into a spankin'. I don't mind either team so I was quite looking forward to just watching and enjoying this one, but yikes. 

• Like 1