Sign in to follow this  
Lineklaus

NFL 2018

8 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Actually the Saints are already over it, because they were told wins and losses don't matter. 

Rajah is reporting the Saints are defecting to the AAF. 

Think of the matchups.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When was the last time both Conference Championship games went to OT?

1 minute ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

When was the last time both Conference Championship games went to OT?

FIRST. TIME. EVAH.

• Like 1

MOTHERFUCKER :angry:

An incredible evening.

But I don't think I will sacrifice my Monday to watch a Patriots/Rams Super Bowl.

If Todd Gurley goes back to being used and as effective as he was mid season the Rams can win.  Otherwise the Pats will roll.

Time to read the comments!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

I just felt like I've watched seven hours of scripted entertainment.  At least it was better than WrestleMania.

2 amazing games today and this is your takeaway? 

• Like 1

@DMN

You win this round. :angry:

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Actually the Saints are already over it, because they were told wins and losses don't matter. 

Ref: "The game clock is correct."

Romo: "Thanks!"

I fucking love Tony Romo. 

I literally thought he had said “The clock needs a rest”

13 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

2 amazing games today and this is your takeaway? 

I didn't entirely mean scripted as a bad thing, they were compelling.  :P  Though I'd struggle to call the first game amazing when a team got straight up robbed of a chance to go to the Super Bowl.  I know bad calls happen and all that but officiating has gotten progressively worse and this one was just really egregious.  I wanted the Rams to win, but not like that.  As a fan of the sport it just leaves a really sour taste in my mouth.

But the fourth quarter of the AFC game was great fun though.  Saying it felt scripted is more a nod to how ridiculous it all was with the back and forth.  Like....did anyone not see Brady driving down the field at the 2 minute warning?  I let out an audible "ARE YOU KIDDING?" when it went to OT.

I will say though, I still hate the NFL's OT rules.  Say what you will about "well, it's a team sport and the defense needs to make a stop"...in today's NFL there are games where you just know both defenses have completely checked out and whoever wins the toss is winning the game.  I greatly prefer college OT and I hope to see the NFL go to some variation of that someday.

As for the Super Bowl - it's no secret I hate the Pats (well, not even the Pats so much as living in New England and knowing a ton of Pats fans) but I'm actually hoping the Pats can win this SB.  Nothing against the Rams, but the Saints should be in this game.  So I'm cool with the Pats taking #6.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

As for the Super Bowl - it's no secret I hate the Pats (well, not even the Pats so much as living in New England and knowing a ton of Pats fans)

Weird how that works.  Definitely don’t miss it

• Like 1

That call at the end of the Saints/Rams game, or lack of a call was complete bullshit.

Fuck Stan Kroenke and fuck Tom Brady. I hope they both lose.

I just want a Super Bowl that I can enjoy without actively hoping for one team to lose.

Maybe next year 🙁

The sooner Tom Brady's arm falls off the cliff edge, the better.

Worst playoff non-call since the flag that was picked up in us vs Cowboys back in 2014... 

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

The sooner Tom Brady's arm falls off the cliff edge, the better.

Said it last week but there's no end in sight to it.  Brady being 42 this summer doesn't matter when nobody is allowed to touch him and he can check the ball down and throw to wide open receivers once the opposing defense inevitably gets gassed.

He'd said in the past that he'd like to play to 50 and everyone scoffed.  But more and more I think it's a legitimate possibility.  He doesn't seem like someone who is interested in retiring on top and he'd rather just play until he can no longer get results.  Unless and until teams figure a way to stop the Patriots from going to the AFC Title game if not the Super Bowl every year, there's no incentive for him to retire.

• Sad 2

It seems to me like everyone knows exactly what the Patriots are going to do and still can't stop it for some reason. That's baffling to me. Like I enjoy Football but I'm not expert or anything but shouldn't teams be able to adjust by now?