EWB Musicians

VerbalPuke

I can kinda badly play "Breaking the Law". 😎

I never realized how easy it is. That intro is just "0-2-3" times 3 on the A string.

• Like 1

Most guitar is easy! That’s the key reason why it became the focal point of rock music way way back instead of the oboe or whatever 

I mean obviously you can do really complex and difficult stuff but in most cases why even bother really

Edited by metalman
  • Like 2

On 21/11/2018 at 06:17, metalman said:

Most guitar is easy! That’s the key reason why it became the focal point of rock music way way back instead of the oboe or whatever 

I mean obviously you can do really complex and difficult stuff but in most cases why even bother really

It’s what made the Ramones great. People saw that and said “hey, we can do that”. Music rules.

• Like 1

Would any guitarists like to make a little bit of extra money? I was putting together a Christmas present for my wife, and my guitarist dropped out on me.

Essentially, what I'm doing is putting together a little EP for my wife of songs that she loves because they remind her of me. It's a nod to a gift that I gave her for our first Christmas together, where I put together a disc of 13 songs I did on Karaoke, recorded through a soundboard. Sounds dumb, but back then, I didn't let anyone hear me sing, so it was a big sign of trust. Since then, I've jammed several times with people, but haven't been able to find a proper band. That was nine years ago.

So, if anyone is interested, basically I just need someone to record 3-6 songs on an acoustic guitar and send it to me so that I can add vocals, and possibly some bass if I can borrow my friend's acoustic bass and learn all the parts properly in time. I am totally willing to pay for your time. My guitarist was going to do it for $10 per song, but I can be a little bit flexible.

If you're interested, send me a DM and we can talk about it. The songs would probably be pretty easy to learn, because they're all from horror punk bands. (Misfits, Michale Graves, Argyle Goolsby/Blitzkid)

For the record, the songs that I'm thinking are:

Misfits - Saturday Night... Michale Graves - Train to the End of the World... Argyle Goolsby - Save Me Tonight... Argyle Goolsby - The Wild Branch of Rose... Argyle Goolsby - Mary and the Storm... Argyle Goolsby - Blood Cave

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

If I wasn’t shit I’d do it for free. 

I think you should give it a go anyway and see what comes.

8 minutes ago, ClouDOOM said:

I think you should give it a go anyway and see what comes.

Even if you just do one or two, that's cool. But realistically, if it turns out not so great, my wife won't care. If it turns out well, I was going to talk to whoever helps out about posting it online for free download.

I've got a project called Jack and the Rippers that I'm doing with random people, and originally envisioned it as a work-online collaboration. The idea being that it would be entirely covers, and the lineup is basically me and whoever contributes to each song. Nothing has been uploaded as of yet, because everyone seems to bail out before we get anything recorded. I had one guy helping me out and we recorded about four songs in 2017. I made the mistake of letting him keep everything on his computer, because he has been in legit bands and have better software than I do... but he ended up deleting everything after I told him that I didn't want to spend money to go record covers in a studio, because I didn't want to charge anything for the music itself.

So there's no real pressure from my end. Just thought it would be a cool little gift for the wife, because she seems to really be happy when she hears me singing, and she's gotten into these bands through me.

4 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

I mean, I always thought it would be cool if us on EWB shared riffs, bass lines, drum beats, whatever. It would be fun, I just don’t think I’m as good as I’d like.

If you can play any of those songs all the way through, you're infinitely better than I am. I'm a self taught bassist, but I have the hardest time with the guitar.

Seriously though, man. If you wanna give any of them a try, I'd appreciate the hell out of it. If not, that's cool too. Maybe someone else will jump on it.

I'm looking at getting this

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Rogue/LX200BL-Left-Handed-Series-III-Electric-Bass-Guitar.gc

Yes? No? Anyone got any experience with guitars/basses by Rogue? It seems like a good, relatively inexpensive learner bass.

Just now, VerbalPuke said:

Looks like a good starter. You're a lefty? Left handed instruments can be expensive so this isn't a bad get, could probably be modded if you wanted at some point. The blue is really nice. 

Yeah, I'm left-handed. I've been learning to play the guitar right-handed, but I would like to play bass left. I'm only learning guitar with my right because the only guitar available to me is a standard, righty guitar. 

And yeah. I think a normal bass is like $10-$20 cheaper, but $110 doesn't seem so bad.

I cleared a wall to put some guitar stands and my eventual bass guitar and my acoustic. And my ukulele. And my keyboard. Once those finally get shipped to me. :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...