Fantasy Puck?

SeanDMan

3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

If we can't find another player, maybe just create a computer team that selects the best players available during its draft?

Any trades or waiver moves can be made by committee for that team, or we could just let it run with what it gets and keep it off limits to the rest of us.

We should get someone who watches no hockey to run that team and, presumably, win the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, North Of Seattle SeaCattle said:

I thought about that but it's basically a free win every week for the team who plays it, so... Eh, not my ideal option.

Hey @caMeron esposiTo Forbes, you're a sports gal, come stick handle with us?

hey i appreciate the thought but i'm not really a fantasy hockey person. tried it before but couldn't get into it like fantasy football. sozz y'all : /

Edited by caMeron esposiTo Forbes

2 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I can sit out unless another person joins. 

I'd rather avoid this but I don't think waiting another day is gonna do anything...

6 hours ago, Gabriel said:

If we can't find another player, maybe just create a computer team that selects the best players available during its draft?

Any trades or waiver moves can be made by committee for that team, or we could just let it run with what it gets and keep it off limits to the rest of us.

4 hours ago, North Of Seattle SeaCattle said:

I thought about that but it's basically a free win every week for the team who plays it, so... Eh, not my ideal option.

Hey @caMeron esposiTo Forbes, you're a sports gal, come stick handle with us?

If the computer selects the best players to draft, and we don't rip it off in any trades.... I don't feel like it would be a free win. I say if no one else joins, we go with that option. That way we don't have to kick anyone.

We do still need someone. This would let MCD play and, also you, and having both of you in rather than out is preferable to me.

So  this will be a 15 round draft?  I think that could get a little rough with 12 teams, especially with some of us not being quite as knowledgeable about hockey, myself included.  Our shortened fantasy football draft almost ground to a halt.

Anywho, Alex Ovechkin, LF, Capitals

I do not know who Heart and Skol is.

@caucasianheat iirc.

You have a point Maxx and time is also a factor. Should we cut down the roster? Or maybe do a short draft and have a few days of free agency?

2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 3 F, 4 D, 2 G is what we are currently at, right?

Problem is, I actually really like that breakdown especially for no bench.  I don't even know what I would suggest dropping.  I guess doing 13 rounds and leaving two bench spots to be filled with free agents wouldn't be bad.  Lets see how this plays out though.