Fantasy Puck?

SeanDMan

8 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

😄 I deliberately left him available for you.

My teams always live or die by the Flames, but it's odd because you'd think that would make me easy pickings, and I tend to do fairly well in Fantasy Leagues. I also don't necessarily keep all of my Flames players though... so there's that.

Okay you guys can have 8 hours then it's @Ruki.

I've also decided; once we hit Slogger, who normally picks 2 at a time, he'll pick 3. Then the man after him can take 2 guys. That should accelerate the final rounds.

31 minutes ago, North Of Seattle SeaCattle said:

Okay you guys can have 8 hours then it's @Ruki.

I've also decided; once we hit Slogger, who normally picks 2 at a time, he'll pick 3. Then the man after him can take 2 guys. That should accelerate the final rounds.

:huh:

I'm worried that we won't be ready go for opening night. Puck drop is nine days away and we have ten teams who need three players. If we finish up the current round as is and then allow everyone a round where they make 2 picks, we might be able to finish in time to have a short free agency session to replace anyone who was picked who either starts the season injured or maybe gets sent to the AHL or whatnot.

If you think we should take our chances maybe we will, but what even happens if a league doesn't draft before the season starts?

Damshow said he is missing 1 F 1 D and 1 G, so I assumed after this round concludes we would all have a similar three player deficiency.

@Malenko has 9F and 2D and needs to select 2 D and 2 G yet; after this round they'll have 3 spots left

Spoiler
  • Nikita Kucherov
  • Nathan MacKinnon
  • David Pastarnak
  • Jonathan Marchessault
  • Jakub Voracek
  • Vincent Trocheck
  • Nicklas Backstrom
  • Reilly Smith
  • Gabriel Landeskog

DEFENSE

• Matt Dumba
  • Ryan Suter
  • UNFILLED
  • UNFILLED

Goalie

• UNFILLED
  • UNFILLED

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

@Malenko has 9F and 2D and needs to select 2 D and 2 G yet; after this round they'll have 3 spots left

Reveal hidden contents
  • Nikita Kucherov
  • Nathan MacKinnon
  • David Pastarnak
  • Jonathan Marchessault
  • Jakub Voracek
  • Vincent Trocheck
  • Nicklas Backstrom
  • Reilly Smith
  • Gabriel Landeskog

DEFENSE

• Matt Dumba
  • Ryan Suter
  • UNFILLED
  • UNFILLED

Goalie

• UNFILLED
  • UNFILLED

I totally forgot I had Ryan Suter. I was actually thinking of picking him this round. :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, North Of Seattle SeaCattle said:

I'm worried that we won't be ready go for opening night. Puck drop is nine days away and we have ten teams who need three players. If we finish up the current round as is and then allow everyone a round where they make 2 picks, we might be able to finish in time to have a short free agency session to replace anyone who was picked who either starts the season injured or maybe gets sent to the AHL or whatnot.

If you think we should take our chances maybe we will, but what even happens if a league doesn't draft before the season starts?

Everything runs exactly the same, the first week is just skipped.  The league starts when you start it.

Everyone making two picks completely fucks the people at the end of the draft, you're doubling the amount of players taken before they get to pick.

I think we are fine on time - things have quieted down for me since this weekend so I won't hold things up as much and we only have 36 picks to make. 

I'd say if we we really felt we needed to speed things up - shorten the time up a few hours and if someone misses, give them the BPA

If we can just delay the start time it's not as big a deal. I am a little sad though, I thought it would be funny to let Slogger have three picks and see if he manages to take three dudes who had aready been drafted.

• Like 1