Fantasy Puck?

SeanDMan

20 hours ago, Malenko said:

We're Sk8 & eventually die!

This is a little too meta for me.

Should we roll with six or should we try and hold out for eight? Anyone know anyone who doesn't always come in the bra? Where is Plubby, surely just losing to Maxx in one fantasy league isn't enough?

I'll probably lose terribly since I've never played fantasy hockey, but I'm in!

Okay cool, so the league now has 7 teams. One of the two of you, @Lint or  @lowerdeck will need to actually join the league.

21 minutes ago, North Of Seattle SeaCattle said:

Okay cool, so the league now has 7 teams. One of the two of you, @Lint or  @lowerdeck will need to actually join the league.

I'm Danbury Trashers

Also, I think lineups are set to weekly - meaning you can only edit it before Monday and it sets a whole week.  Didn't know if you wanted that or a daily setting.

1 minute ago, Lowerdeck said:

I'm Danbury Trashers

Also, I think lineups are set to weekly - meaning you can only edit it before Monday and it sets a whole week.  Didn't know if you wanted that or a daily setting.

We are going to draft a team with no bench spots, so there's no need to set daily lineups.

Free agent pick ups will be kinda weird, could be interesting.  I figured you would keep it daily and then anyone who wants that every day check in schedule can have it, but with the rosters we have, you can check in on it once a week and still be fine.

Yeah your idea of no bench players kind of accomplishes my desire of removing the need for daily fiddling.

On second thought, I may have to withdraw.  Had a rough time dealing with the football draft while working and don't know if I'd be free to draft this time around

Could just shoot me a list. Right now we're at 7 teams and you can't run a league with an odd number, even though the real NHL did. :P So if you're out, I have to kick someone else out too. don't make me do that. :(

5 hours ago, North Of Seattle SeaCattle said:

Could just shoot me a list. Right now we're at 7 teams and you can't run a league with an odd number, even though the real NHL did. :P So if you're out, I have to kick someone else out too. don't make me do that. :(

The thing is, after I sat down and thought about it, I really know nothing about hockey.  Like I honestly have no idea where I would even begin when it came to drafting.  I knew nothing about fantasy football when I signed up for that, but I at least knew about football.  When I lived outside of Philly, I would usually casually watch a Flyers game if nothing else was on, but since I moved 3 years ago I don't even do that anymore since the Flyers don't get shown out here.

I'm really sorry.  Its just after thinking about it, I don't think it'll be a fun thing for me :(

I can respect that and if that's how you feel, then fair play.

On the flip side, this is a great excuse to learn. Tell your buddies you're in a league. Watch games your players are in.

My first year of fantasy football here, I would go visit my brother and we'd talk about who was on the board and which position he thought I should go with. A big reason I didn't come back was because my brother died and I felt it wouldn't be the same without him. And obviously he is my brother, I am not saying you will experience anything similar, but fantasy sports are a great way to foster community and friendship.

Come be friends with us. :)

There ya go!  I have an out and don't feel guilty about someone else getting the boot over it!  Win win!

1 hour ago, caucasianheat said:

If the spot is vacant, I’ll jump in. 

It's all yours.

39 minutes ago, Lint said:

There ya go!  I have an out and don't feel guilty about someone else getting the boot over it!  Win win!

You win... This time.

Well if Cauc wants to join then we'd need one more for eight, elsewise you and he would need to fight to the death.