Fantasy Puck?

SeanDMan

42 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I seriously do not understand the rationale behind skipping people instead of just auto assigning them a player when they hit the deadline.  

Anyways, Blake Wheeler, RW, Jets

@caucasianheat

Yeah, Hockey is different to football.. thats all I got.

Apologies, Of course the 24 hour span I happen to be away from the board is the span that you guys finally catch up to me.

Patrick Kane and Taylor Hall please and thanks

still @caucasianheat 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I seriously do not understand the rationale behind skipping people instead of just auto assigning them a player when they hit the deadline.  

Threefold:

1. There should be a consequence to not paying attention. If you miss you twelve hour window, there should be a downside to that, because everyone else is making the effort to pop in and get their picks in on time. Saying " okay, well you didn't do your part, but here's the best available player anyway" is rewarding inactivity.

2. It's not fair for people who are making the time if there's no downside. "But they don't get the player they want" well yeah, but getting BPA is usually not much of a downgrade.

3. Personally, I'd rather choose a player slightly later than be stuck with Yahoo's arbitrary rankings. And like with Slogger, it's possible they pop in a few hours late or whatever and can still get the picks they wanted, instead of being stuck with BPA.

Oh are we offline drafting? Sorry I was out of town for the past like 5 days at my sister in law's wedding :/

On 08/09/2018 at 12:21, North Of Seattle SeaCattle said:

Ew all this love for Marchand makes me feel gross. Gross.

I will take Claude Speed, the gyro from the Philadelphia Flyers.

@Lowerdeck that's you. Also @JMarushin you now have two picks to make up.

6 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

Oh are we offline drafting? Sorry I was out of town for the past like 5 days at my sister in law's wedding :/

There's  no way with EWB's disperate timezones we could ever do a live draft, so.

You have two outstanding picks you can make at any time, and then we'll all be up to date whenever Cauc pops up.

List of everyone who is off the board is in the first post.

Edited by North Of Seattle SeaCattle

...both of my next picks if they stayed on the board.

Maybe Maxx was right about this whole BPA thing... -_-

5 hours ago, North Of Seattle SeaCattle said:

Threefold:

1. There should be a consequence to not paying attention. If you miss you twelve hour window, there should be a downside to that, because everyone else is making the effort to pop in and get their picks in on time. Saying " okay, well you didn't do your part, but here's the best available player anyway" is rewarding inactivity.

2. It's not fair for people who are making the time if there's no downside. "But they don't get the player they want" well yeah, but getting BPA is usually not much of a downgrade.

3. Personally, I'd rather choose a player slightly later than be stuck with Yahoo's arbitrary rankings. And like with Slogger, it's possible they pop in a few hours late or whatever and can still get the picks they wanted, instead of being stuck with BPA.

See, as commish of a league that’s trying to get a draft done fast, I think your focus should be more on doing just that, getting the draft done quickly, not ensuring there’s some form of punishment for missing picks.  If they’re inactive here, odds are good they’ll be inactive in the league and then they won’t be contending anyways, so there’s not actual point to these consequences.  But you should want them to be contending.

Life happens, this is a fantasy league with no money on the line and a draft that’s going it take a couple weeks to complete.  People are going to miss deadlines in these things.  It’s just hurting the competitiveness of the league in the long run.  

Plus, again you’re in a time crunch.  It’s entirely possible you’ll have outstanding picks at the end of the draft, and that’s not something you’ll be wanting to waste time sorting out if you’re trying to get us going by week 1.

Just my two cents, I didn’t mind benefiting from the current system.