Strangest realisation?

Liam

The DJ in The Warriors went on be The Chief in Carmen Sandiego.

• Like 1

I guess it's not really a "realization" and more just crazy to look at his IMDb but George Miller's filmography is wild. Not only did he direct the Mad Max movies but he has also directed Babe: Pig in the City and the Happy Feet movies. 

• Like 1

I've definitely got a better one than this, but BBC randomly added The Fades to their boxed sets recently, and I barely watched it the first time so definitely didn't click that the leads were Daniel Kaluuya and Fitz from SHIELD. Natalie Dormer was in it too. I reckon all three are now a tad richer. 

Paulie Walnuts from Sopranos has a brief appearance in Goodfellas. Well, not the character himself but the actor. It's not a huge leap considering how many actors from Goodfellas appeared in the Sopranos. 

Oh, Penelope Spheeris created the Decline of Western Civilization documentaries. Then she had huge success with Waynes World. 

George Carlin as a narrator for Thomas and Friends, crazy. 

Not strictly an actress, but years ago having the Jonathan Ross show on in the background and looking up when hearing a familiar sounding voice to see the model Agyness Deyn he was interviewing was known to me as Laura Hollins from 6th form with whom I got to second base with at a party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

That Walter White is Hal the whacky dad in Malcom in the Middle.

I actually figured this one out 10 seconds into breaking bad since I was a big fan of his as Malcolm's dad.

In fact, for whatever reason, everytime I watch new movies/series I tend to be like "Where do I know you from?" and I don't stop until I remember it. That's why I've spent many years finding every character from Freaks and Geeks on every comedy movie/series since then. :shifty:

Rewatching True Lies and finding that Eliza Dushku from Buffy was the kid.

Realizing years later that Allison Mack from Smallville, was the little kid complimenting Proctor on his bus driving skills in Police Academy 6.

Going through random cheesy movies a few years ago and finding out that Madeline Zima from the Nanny was one of the kids in the Hulk Hogan movie Mr Nanny. :P

Edited by Noah

• Admin
4 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

Not strictly an actress, but years ago having the Jonathan Ross show on in the background and looking up when hearing a familiar sounding voice to see the model Agyness Deyn he was interviewing was known to me as Laura Hollins from 6th form with whom I got to second base with at a party.

Nice.

That's a great shout @Beeker00Zero! I didn't make that connection for a few seasons of GoT.

3 hours ago, Malenko said:

I actually figured this one out 10 seconds into breaking bad since I was a big fan of his as Malcolm's dad.

In fact, for whatever reason, everytime I watch new movies/series I tend to be like "Where do I know you from?" and I don't stop until I remember it. That's why I've spent many years finding every character from Freaks and Geeks on every comedy movie/series since then. :shifty:

I do that all the time too, I'm constantly googling actors to see what I know them from. I'm rewatching Brooklyn Nine-Nine and the other night had "The Pontiac Bandit Returns" on, only realising now on like the 4th viewing that Tito Ruiz, the druglord, is actually one of the Moncada brothers who play the Salamanca Twins in Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul.

4 hours ago, Malenko said:

I think you misunderstand. Hal is Walter White. Walter White was the new identity he assumed after he had a mental break and abandoned Lois and the kids. Heisenberg was just another manifestation of that psychosis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1