2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

RoHitman Reigns

32 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

The Nick Foles thing seems a lot more dramatic than it is. This is just the steps in the process that'll make sure they can trade him instead of cutting him and having him not go to the AFC.

It's all stuff that the Eagles' front office and Nick Foles have probably already discussed, as well.

On 04/02/2019 at 14:43, Mick said:

Buccaneers prediction: 

OFF-SEASON: 
:w00t:

PRE-SEASON: 
:D

REGULAR SEASON, WEEKS 1-4:
(H)

REGULAR SEASON, WEEKS 5-8

:) 

REGULAR SEASON, WEEKS 9-12:

:mellow:

REGULAR SEASON, WEEKS 13-16: 

:( 

REGULAR SEASON, WEEK 17: 
:facepalm:

POST SEASON: 

:crying:

Sadly, this might also apply to the Cowboys, if Garrett is still their head coach.

• Admin

338 college prospects are slated to attend the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis later this month, but one of them stands out: Kyler Murray.

The Oklahoma quarterback was officially invited to be a participant in the combine, which begins Feb. 26 and is aired on NFL Network. The full list of those expected to attend is available here.

A baseball and football star in Norman, Murray announced his intention to enter the NFL draft in mid-January, despite having already been drafted by the MLB's Oakland Athletics with the ninth pick of the 2018 MLB Draft.

Murray is still scheduled to report to the Athletics' spring training on Feb. 15. He was allowed by the Athletics to play out one final season at Oklahoma, where he started at QB and won the Heisman Trophy.

When asked by NFL Network's Andrew Siciliano last week when his decision to play either football or baseball will come, Murray only offered, "Soon. Very soon."

Here's the full list of participants.

---

Bengals coach Zac Taylor defended the controversial hire of offensive line coach Jim Turner on Thursday, saying he has no problem giving Turner his first job in the NFL since 2014.

18 minutes ago, DMN said:

This post exemplifies why the NFL will always have a problem with domestic violence. 'One hell of a value pick-up'...

It wasn't domestic violence though.  There is a problem with domestic violence the with Chiefs and it's with Tyreek Hill who should be in prison, nevermind an NFL field.  Everyone basically ignores that though because it's not a hot topic. Domestic violence is something that is completely abhorrent and something I'm passionately against. I hate when stuff like this gets thrown in with Josh Brown, Ray Rice, Tyreek Hill or even Ruben Foster. It dilutes the physical and psychological damage domestic violence causes

There is a lot of problems in the NFL but I don't think blackballing Kareem Hunt for his entire career is going to solve it. He got cut, will get a lengthy deserved suspension and has been dealt with by the legal system. Hunt is a fucking idiot and not a good person but as a person who believes in the justice system and rehabilitation, I don't see what good removing him from the league forever will achieve.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TCO said:

It wasn't domestic violence though.  There is a problem with domestic violence the with Chiefs and it's with Tyreek Hill who should be in prison, nevermind an NFL field.  Everyone basically ignores that though because it's not a hot topic. Domestic violence is something that is completely abhorrent and something I'm passionately against. I hate when stuff like this gets thrown in with Josh Brown, Ray Rice, Tyreek Hill or even Ruben Foster. It dilutes the physical and psychological damage domestic violence causes

There is a lot of problems in the NFL but I don't think blackballing Kareem Hunt for his entire career is going to solve it. He got cut, will get a lengthy deserved suspension and has been dealt with by the legal system. Hunt is a fucking idiot and not a good person but as a person who believes in the justice system and rehabilitation, I don't see what good removing him from the league forever will achieve.

The only real difference between what he did and DV is the relationship between the people. Defending it as it 'wasn't domestic violence though' says a lot about priorities.

Maybe the dude does deserve another shot in a league where fighting for social justice will get you blackballed, but beating another person on camera means you're 'one hell of a value pick-up', doesn't mean I'm not going to call it out for what it is.