2001 EWR Historical Scenario by Fat Frog (with Pictures, Logos and Graphics)

Perhaps the most significant year for wrestling, that we experienced in our lifetimes.

The really fun thing about this scenario, is the amount of opportunities it gives you.

The game starts on WrestleMania day, April 1st, 2001 (so you can book WrestleMania, however you want). So set your date for March 2001.

Not a fan of WWF? If you want to rebuild WCW, you have no problem. Fusient president Brian Bedol owns WCW in-game, and he and Bischoff even put some money in it.

Want to do The Invasion properly? Just delete WCW and sign whoever you want.

You can't be bothered with that global promotion shit? Pick your favorite indy and try to survive.

Or better than that, why don't you create your own promotion, in the times when creating a wrestling promotion was the coolest fad?

THE SCENARIO CONTAINS:

- 8 promotions - WWF, WCW, XPW, CZW, NWA Wildside, UPW, IWA Mid South and JAPW.

- 675 workers. Stats are mostly accurate for the better known workers. The indy workers, who became big stars in the future, are (mostly) blessed with their "peak form" (I think it helps the flow of the game). The stats for the "indy scum" are hit and miss. There might be a couple of weird ones, or occasional zeroes, here or there, left from previous versions of the scenario. Sorry about that. I tried my best to fix them. Worker ages are absolutely correct, apart for one mistake. I accidentally made someone 5-6 years older, but then forgot who it was.

- 279 staff. The medical staff is fake, except for the really well known ones (Andrews, Maroon, etc.). You are the fucking man, if you recognize the fake doctors, btw.

- Pictures for all wrestlers and staff, which are, in 95% of the case, cut by me. Some workers have more than one picture, to accommodate possible gimmick changes you might concoct (for example Kane with no mask, Christian with short hair, etc.).

- Two logo packs, for the real promotions and the fantasy ones, which could be created by the game. I didn't create either of them, apart for a few logos, here and there. Also included, are logos for WWE (because, someday, you might just get the itch to get the f out) and ECW, TNA, ROH, PWG and many others, if you feel naughty enough to create them.

- A new, beautiful start screen, made by me.

- All banners (except the XPW one) are made (again by me), from the feds' real actual websites, as they were at the time (via the Wayback Machine).

- I don't like people being workers and owners at the same time, so I went to a stock photo site and picked fictitious wives for Zandig and Ian Rotten, so their hard businesses, could be ran with a soft woman's touch.

- The fake TV channels are as follows:

CindyView - First-run syndication.

KCAL-TV & WLNY-TV - The local channels for the west and east coast, respectivelly.

Pollas En Vinagre - Illegal Mexican channel, ran by the cartels. 100% risk. They can show your Buck Naked matches and snuff films, no problemo.

MOCKBA-24/7 (MOSKVA-24/7) - A strange Russian satellite channel, that somehow broadcasts to the entire world. Basically syndication, but with much lower requirements.

I made Excel spreadsheets for WWF, WCW, NWA and XPW in which you can keep your detailed title history, events records and other good stuff.

TIP - If you want to play on a difficulty other than easy:

START YOUR GAME ON EASY, AND THEN MANUALLY RAISE YOUR DIFFICULTY TO WHATEVER YOU WANT, TO PRESERVE THE PROPER OWNER ALIGNMENTS.

This scenario is based in part on The Rated-R Superstar's V4 2001 scenario...
...Who based it on Anthony's scenario...
...Who based it on RaveX's scenario...
...Who based it on the original EWR data.

ENOUGH F'N TALK, HERE IS THE LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mt6c36uhq73ba6s/EWR-2001-FATFROG-V1.rar/file

(Also, here is the "My Way" promo video, to put you in the mood.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhd2fZyDB4

Enjoy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, BringBackWCW said:

Thank you very much, @Fat Frog!

I do have to ask; whether we choose WWF or WCW, why are none of the talent placed in the Main Event slot?

Ah, I'm very sorry, its just a really old habit of mine...

Back in the mid 00's, when I played with WWE and the brand split, there would always be main eventers bitching about not being used, when they were used properly. That was because of the "1 in 3 rule". So, I basically never pushed anyone above the upper midcard, to alleviate that problem. 

So, if you aren't using a brand split, please, be sure to push anyone, however you want. :)

Edited by Fat Frog

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2019 at 09:34, PantherFan59 said:

Love the concept, and yer dedication to it... are you going to continue these? like in for certain years or whatever?

I'm pretty much done with them for now, as they are just too time consuming. Eventually, if everything with me turns out OK (I'm battling a pretty nasty disease), I might do a 2004-2005 or 1993 in the winter. 1998 is also a good year. 2007 too. I'll probably do a poll when the time comes.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Unbelievable. I went through and edited a 2001 scenario back in January for a WCW game I wanted to do; tidied up workers, pictures, logos etc...then a month later someone came along and do a much better job than I did on mine. :lol: This is awesome @Fat Frog thank you! My WCW game ran its course so I'm looking forward to using your scenario with the WWF.

Will keep an eye out for any polls too. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/08/2019 at 21:21, KClolz said:

thank you so much for this complete update! if i were to create/resurrect ecw, what stats/information would be best to use for this data? (starting out $$$, production values, risk?). my plan is to have the company go "dark" until march for their living dangerously ppv then go from there. @Fat Frog

A few percent above XPW on everything will be about right. Money should be really low, 2-3 million tops. Risk should be 97 if you want to have deathmatches or 82 if you don't.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Fat Frog, thanks for making this scenario.

There seems to be a few bugs in the update, such as the game will shut down at random points due to an error message. Can you check that out, if you don't mind?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BringBackWCW said:

Hey @Fat Frog, thanks for making this scenario.

There seems to be a few bugs in the update, such as the game will shut down at random points due to an error message. Can you check that out, if you don't mind?

A bit more information is helpful. What are you doing when the error occurs? Is it on a specific page? 

• Like 1

If, perhaps, you fiddled with your announcers with Arsenic, for example turning one of them into a Road Agent, or whatever, without relieving them of their announcing duties first, the game will crash at the Television or Events screen.

But yeah, what Rocky said. Some info will be helpful indeed.

3 hours ago, Fat Frog said:

If, perhaps, you fiddled with your announcers with Arsenic, for example turning one of them into a Road Agent, or whatever, without relieving them of their announcing duties first, the game will crash at the Television or Events screen.

But yeah, what Rocky said. Some info will be helpful indeed.

This is one of them that I posted not long ago. In my game, Goldberg was supposed to retire at the end of January, but when the game switched from Jan to Feb, I got this error message and my champ didn't retire:

3 minutes ago, BringBackWCW said:

This is one of them that I posted not long ago. In my game, Goldberg was supposed to retire at the end of January, but when the game switched from Jan to Feb, I got this error message and my champ didn't retire:

Send me your save if you can, I want to take a look at it.