Hot Takes, but about SPORTS!

Schlitzbrille

All American sports are rubbish and they have way too many stats and they are all incredibly boring. Ice Hockey is okay but they need to make the puck brighter because nobody can see it.

Chess is more of a sport than golf. Breakdancing is more of a sport than golf. Darts is more of a sport than... golf.

I'd much rather watch lower league football than top flight football. I think the atmosphere is better and the relative lack of predictability makes things more exciting.

8 hours ago, Pooker said:

The MLB season is way too long.

This is something that puts me off. I quite like baseball, but I find it very hard to engage with the MLB until the playoffs.

The notion that rugby is Wales' national sport is very outdated, and I believe a lot of casuals (i.e. people like myself that watch the Six Nations) only watch it because it's the 'thing to do' in Wales. The prices for internationals at the Millennium Stadium are ridiculous, Swansea in League One was pulling similar attendances to title-winning Ospreys and the rest of the regions struggle to attract five figures in attendance. And that's not to mention all the financial problems with the Welsh Premier League.

The Premier League is unfulfilling unless you're a top six side and even they seem to suffer a 'crisis' every two weeks.

Michu was one of the greatest natural finishers to ever play in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Paton said:

You can get the same enjoyment from watching paint dry as you can watching a Texas Hold 'Em Poker tournament.

I think it is one of those that is more exciting to play than to watch.

My hot take is that I don't think anything that is currently considered a sport should not be considered a sport. That said, if breakdancing gets into the Olympics I will lose my shit.

I don't understand how anyone can consider rugby more entertaining than American Football, and I say that having played both.

25 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

That said, if breakdancing gets into the Olympics I will lose my shit.

If horse dancing and synchronised drowning are Olympic events then breakdancing and poledancing should be too.

20 minutes ago, MexicoJack said:

What is the difference between breakdancing and other events like artistic or rhythmic gymnastics, figure skating or artistic swimming, all of which are Olympic sports? 

35 minutes ago, MDK said:

If horse dancing and synchronised drowning

To me, if you can compete in something, train in something, and it takes either athletic skill or mental skill, it can be considered a sport. 

3 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

NBA specific one. The Knicks are going to get Durant and Kyrie in the off-season, and it'll just be a repeat of when they got Carmelo and Amare and they'll probably get into the eastern playoffs, but still be garbage overall.

Definitely a hot take here. Kyrie and Durant are much better players than Melo and Amare were. The Knicks will be a top team if they somehow managed to sign those two, but I don't see it happening.