Sonic The Hedgehog

Ruki

I really like both those cartoons. SatAM had a good plot, likeable characters and the best version of Robotnik ever, while The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was fun and silly. Hardcore fans of the games hate them both because they introduced new characters, but they'll complain about anything.

• Like 1

I loved a bit in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, where Robotnik has Sonic captured and locked up in his dungeon and he's going down to gloat and he realized mid-sentence that he'd escaped.

"I think I'll tell him...................HE's GONE!" Then that robotic chicken thing says "I don't think you have to tell him he's gone your Rotteness, I think he already knows!"

19 hours ago, RPS said:

Hot take - Sonic in the movie looked fuckable and if they change it furries gonna be pissed.

As someone who is kinda furry-adjacent I'm here to say this is absolutely not true, at least among my friends.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Bryan said:

Expand on this.

To be clear, I think this is way worse than actually just making a bad ugly Sonic the Hedgehog movie.

No but for real this is going to be a ridiculous strain on the FX team as there's huge pressure to get the movie done anyway, on time and on budget, which means people are going to be either getting canned or not paid at all. This is actually extremely common in the film industry and people are going to be cheering this one because it's a studio essentially promising to treat their workers like garbage because "you the fans demanded it."

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Sousa said:

As someone who is kinda furry-adjacent I'm here to say this is absolutely not true, at least among my friends.

Do you think big eyes Sonic is hotter? I don't. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't get that take. So much stuff would be better if the people behind these kinds of movies listened to the audience that they're for.  The people behind these things should know they can't just shovel out any ol shit and make a billion changes to source material and slap a Franchise name on it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I don't get that take. So much stuff would be better if the people behind these kinds of movies listened to the audience that they're for.  The people behind these things should know they can't just shovel out any ol shit and make a billion changes to source material and slap a Franchise name on it.

and who do we decide "the audience that they're for"? Do Disney start listening to the fanboys crying about women ruining Star Wars?

Who was complaining about the character design in the Sonic movie - the children it's aimed at, or adults making fun of a trailer?

• Like 3

What children care about Sonic in 2019? A Sonic movie was only ever going to draw people who are nostalgic for the 90's and fans of the franchise.

• Like 2