FIFA Women's World Cup 2019

Lineker

Eh, I think it was a harsh pen, her arm wasn't in a crazy unnatural position or anything. Thought we were wasteful and Scotland maybe deserved something out of that, too many misplaced passes in the final third - some of the one touch football was real nice, though. Good first half, not so good in the second. 

12-0

EDIT- 13!

For those who missed the game, here's a recap:

Just looked over their results and they've been in shocking form since last summer, this could be a very painful tournament for them and they had the misfortune of starting against the US which just made things worse. Reached the point of being painful to watch in the end.

I know it's not as good to watch for a neutral observer but USWNT dominating is nothing but good for US footy. Americans in general love dominant teams and this could go a big way into building pro women's footy here as well as giving equal pay which the USWNT absolutely deserve.

59 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

I know it's not as good to watch for a neutral observer but USWNT dominating is nothing but good for US footy. Americans in general love dominant teams and this could go a big way into building pro women's footy here as well as giving equal pay which the USWNT absolutely deserve.

Nah it wont go a long way. Will be good for a week or two afterwards to still discuss but after that it slowly fades away until the next Womens World Cup. People still get more excited for the mens side, but overall I am more excited for the Women as I know they can go further and also are running on less support and budget than the men which is sucky.

I thought we were really good yesterday. Was impressed with England's technical ability - we're a much, much better team than we were four years ago, in my opinion. Thought we just lacked some killer instinct, something's just waiting to click in the final third, I thought Kirby was good yesterday, but I can't wait until she starts firing on all cylinders. 

Also the Argentina keeper definitely had her weetabix yesterday, she was incredible! 

32 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I thought we were really good yesterday. Was impressed with England's technical ability - we're a much, much better team than we were four years ago, in my opinion. Thought we just lacked some killer instinct, something's just waiting to click in the final third, I thought Kirby was good yesterday, but I can't wait until she starts firing on all cylinders.  

Also the Argentina keeper definitely had her weetabix yesterday, she was incredible! 

I really enjoyed the match yesterday. It was good to see us grind out a result because I was sort of expecting us to dominate and score a few goals, but I loved the way Argentina were really mucking about in the game, proper dirty football. And their keeper had a blinder, hopefully someone in Europe will sign her even though she is 35, she deserved it for that performance.

• Like 2

Retaken penalty because the goalie moved off her line. Utter bullshit, really. Best check every single penalty on VAR to make sure all the people are outside of the box, bar the keeper and the taker.