WWE 2K20

I'm fairly sure that "leaked" document was fake. It was littered with spelling and grammatical errors. 

Plus, the rumour of GM mode returning has happened I think almost every year since it was removed. I honestly wouldn't hold your breath.

Said document (spoilered for size):

Spoiler

41304D68-5131-4E80-BE9E-17BEC11BB418.png

As well as the grammatical errors, the date is also wrong at the top.

• Like 1

In other news Yukes has also talked about creating a new IP.

"I think having no competitor isn’t healthy at all,” says Yuke's senior vice president Hiromi Furuta in an interview with Video Games Chronicle. "When we had competitors in the wrestling space, we were determined not to lose and that was a great motivator for creating something great...But right now, looking at the market demands, players are expecting something new every time we release a game and we feel like we haven’t achieved what we’ve really wanted to do."

"For example, in many cases, we’re still using old assets and we’re not able to do some things in the way that we want to," Furuta says of the studio's relationship with 2K. Furuta also notes that Yukes wants to "find a way" to improve the studio's relationship with 2K but seems to suggest that may take some time.

"We’re not chasing money or trends,” says Furuta. “We’ll go in whatever direction we feel is most interesting, combined with the passion of whoever leads the project. As long as whoever leads the project has enough passion, then I’m sure we will achieve our goals."

• Like 1

Probably wouldn't ever happen but it would be tight if they could do something with AEW or with some of the other bigger promotions - ROH, IMPACT, MLW, NWA, etc.

3 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Probably wouldn't ever happen but it would be tight if they could do something with AEW or with some of the other bigger promotions - ROH, IMPACT, MLW, NWA, etc.

I don't think it can happen even if they wanted it to. I'm sure that the WWE deal would stop them, and even if it wouldn't, WWE wouldn't be happy about Yukes working with another company, which could put the Yukes/2K relationship, or the 2K/WWE relationship, or both, in jeopardy.

It's more likely that it would feature original characters like Fire Pro. Hopefully, also like Fire Pro and the WWE 2K series, there would be the ability to create and share your own wrestlers as well.

7 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

I don't think it can happen even if they wanted it to. I'm sure that the WWE deal would stop them, and even if it wouldn't, WWE wouldn't be happy about Yukes working with another company, which could put the Yukes/2K relationship, or the 2K/WWE relationship, or both, in jeopardy.

It's more likely that it would feature original characters like Fire Pro. Hopefully, also like Fire Pro and the WWE 2K series, there would be the ability to create and share your own wrestlers as well.

I wonder what the feasibility of a Legends of Wrestling game would be. I loved those games a kid. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I wonder what the feasibility of a Legends of Wrestling game would be. I loved those games a kid. 

I was actually just thinking about that. I figure, if Yukes makes something that 2K and WWE like, it's entirely possible that the new game is used as a WWE Legends type deal. If they did that, it would free up a lot of room on the regular yearly game's roster to include more alternate attires or slots, and keep a heavy focus on modern WWE, where the new game could host the roster of men and women who are on WWE Legends deals.

The thing that I want most though, is control. We've said it a million times, but if they can make the gameplay good, the rest of the features should borrow heavily from TEW. Of course, I'd make it so that most, if not all, of the features could be disabled so that new players don't get overwhelmed... but think about a game that includes 50 or so legends, with regular DLC characters and a Shared CAW program similar to, or the same as, the WWE 2k series... now, think about the modes... there could be a main game mode that is story driven. Maybe there are three companies in the game, and which character you decide to play as in the story mode determines which territory you start in... then there are contract negotiations and different storylines that you can wind up in on your quest to become wrestling's greatest legend.

Then, the secondary mode... basically TEW. You set up your companies from those included or any you've created or downloaded... set your rosters or allow for a fantasy draft at the beginning of the mode... you book the matches and angles entirely yourself. Angles or Stories can be chosen from a list of them, all inspired by historic angles used and the obvious generic ones like Match Hype Promo, Challenge, etc.

Then you play the angles out (that are capable of it, like promos and some others) and you play the matches... or you can sim everything or specific things if you'd rather... and how well your shows perform in comparison to the other companies builds your finances and popularity so that you can expand or afford to buy new match types for your company or bring in new workers.

Besides them working with another company being damn near improbable, that's the last thing I want to see them do. No matter what company you're working with - you're adding in the kinds of things that they're trying to get away from... absolutely anyone having control or a say over how you shape your property and vision. 

23 minutes ago, apsham said:

Besides them working with another company being damn near improbable, that's the last thing I want to see them do. No matter what company you're working with - you're adding in the kinds of things that they're trying to get away from... absolutely anyone having control or a say over how you shape your property and vision. 

Other than the fans, of course. The Yukes statements I've read make it seem like they want to use this new game as a way to try out new things and give the fans what they want. I can't imagine how frustrated they must be with the negative reception every year to WWE 2k, simply because a lot of things are out of their hands due to the WWE license. I can't even count how many replies from them I saw on twitter about omissions to WWE 2k19, where the response was simply a version of "WWE didn't want us to do that".

I’d actually love a new game that has no ties to WWE at all, make it all fictional, that’d be fucking dope. Not saying make it outrageous but make a big roster of fictional wrestlers, or do what they did in WCW vs. the World and give us Wu Fang, Overdose, David Harley, and such.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

It was in a leaked document, but that document also said the game was going to be announced on June 24th. I wouldn't put too much into it - if anything I'm hoping it means that they are confirming features and moving things to where they need to go. Their frankness when it comes to talking about what needs to change as well is nice, so... here's hoping for something more.

Plus to hear more about that whole HCTP tweet and stuff.

• Like 1