WWE 2K20

1 hour ago, BuddyAwesome said:

Wasn't there some sort of ultimate team in the newest UFC game? Because if so I don't see why WWE couldn't have one.

I'm surprised it isn't already in, to be honest. I've been expecting it for years. It'll be a shame because those modes are horribly predatory to people with addictive personalities, but that wouldn't be at all remarkable alongside WWE's other business practices.

9 hours ago, BuddyAwesome said:

Wasn't there some sort of ultimate team in the newest UFC game? Because if so I don't see why WWE couldn't have one.

There was and it wasn’t actually that bad. Something similar to that would be great!

Online play in the WWE games and wrestling games in general is quite broken, however. When the goal is to just win the are too many problems with making that work out, and the more competitive it gets the worse it will get.

With stuff like limited reversals, not bring able to get back into the ring without disadvantage, spam moves, etc. It just isn't feasible to have a true competitive experience.

Some of the most fun I've had in wrestling games was online but that's when you're paired with someone else who doesn't want to cheat.

• Like 1

Yeah, that just essentially makes it two people playing locally with little to no stakes, so that's fine. When you make a part of the game specifically about winning however - it's going to be rare to find a situation that isn't totally frustrating.

8 minutes ago, Chris2Kay said:

That's a nice screenshot of WWE 2K14 15 16 17 18 19 20. 

HEY. You've gone too far, this time! I'm putting my foot down, it does NOT look like 2K14! ...But yeah okay it kinda does look like all the others. The graphics haven't really changed all that much since the games went to PS4/Xbox One. The only difference really was the new lighting engine in 2K18.

They were pretty good about getting just about everyone from Raw, SmackDown, 205, and NXT in aside from the really new people and the oddball omissions like Ciampa.  And now NXT UK's in the fold.  I would just as soon dump legends out of this game entirely if it meant getting all 200 or so members of the active roster in.

Will never happen though - the majority of people who buy this game every year would much rather play as Stone Cold than Ligero.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trent Buschetta said:

They were pretty good about getting just about everyone from Raw, SmackDown, 205, and NXT in aside from the really new people and the oddball omissions like Ciampa.  And now NXT UK's in the fold.  I would just as soon dump legends out of this game entirely if it meant getting all 200 or so members of the active roster in.

Will never happen though - the majority of people who buy this game every year would much rather play as Stone Cold than Ligero.

Which is why I wish they'd move to a two year dev cycle while still putting out a game every year. Just alternate between a modern game with only current stars one year, and a legends game the next.