Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

• Admin

The fixtures for the 2019-20 Premier League season will be announced at 09:00 BST on Thursday.

The opening matches will be played on the weekend of Saturday, 10 August and the season will end on Sunday, 17 May.

Manchester City, who finished one point clear of European champions Liverpool, will be aiming to win the Premier League for a third season in a row.

Norwich City, Sheffield United and Aston Villa are all returning to the top flight after securing promotion.

Liverpool and Europa League winners Chelsea, minus Eden Hazard who has joined Real Madrid, have a busy start to the campaign as they will also meet in the Uefa Super Cup in Istanbul, Turkey on Wednesday, 14 August.

Wolves could have played three Europa League qualifying matches before the beginning of the Premier League season.

For the first time in Premier League history, the clubs will get a short mid-season break in February.

Over a two-week period, there will be only five matches on one weekend, with the other five games taking place the following weekend, ensuring that each team gets one week off.

Wild and bold predictions, ahoy.

49 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Without Hazard, an aging squad, and likely no incoming new players, it'll either be a dogfight for 6th place or somehow we end up challenging for the title.

Perhaps we'll get Chelsea season variant #7: Club legend [Lampard] takes reigns...achieves remarkable cup success against all odds...is sacked within months. :shifty: 

Friday 9 August: Liverpool v Norwich City (8pm – live on Sky)

Saturday 10 August: West Ham United v Manchester City (12.30pm)

Saturday 10 August: Bournemouth v Sheffield United (3pm)

Saturday 10 August: Burnley v Southampton (3pm)

Saturday 10 August: Crystal Palace v Everton (3pm)

Saturday 10 August: Leicester City v Wolves (3pm)

Saturday 10 August: Watford v Brighton (3pm)

Saturday 10 August: Tottenham v Aston Villa (5.30pm – live on Sky)

Sunday 11 August: Newcastle United v Arsenal (2.00pm – live on Sky)

Sunday 11 August: Manchester United v Chelsea (4.30pm – live on Sky)

Do Amazon Prime still do 30 day free trials...

I've had an absolute mare, going for a weeks holiday end of November so I'd resigned myself to probably missing a game. Turns out I'm missing Man City and Southampton at home, plus that easily doable away game at Sheffield United.

• Sad 1